View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Vendor

@ Old Potatoe.

I went to design school to specialize in eco-design. I did a masters in sustainable development, my business and my life decisions (where i live, car usage, buying, diet etc) all revolve around having to believe it's possible and being optimistic, BUT I will give you this, my optimism has really taken a hit based on how we've responded to this pandemic. So I understand you, I mean, I've always understood people feeling there's little hope, but hey, sometimes I feel it too.

However, and again, if the sign says bridge out ahead... do you just keep going? full gas? When do we change our path?

I hope I'm not doing it just for selfish or self-important reasons, but I'd like to at least know I really tried. I truly believe it's brought me to a better life than it has sacrifices on the whole. But, yeah, it's not always easy riding into a headwind, especially when you see how we've, or to a greater extent our "leaders" have handled the last 20ish months.

To the OP. Who cares what exact % difference you're going to make, at least you're on a bike, fighting the good fight. At least it's one more mile by bicycle.. then go get that next mile...then the next.

Last edited by rain dogs; 09-24-2021 at 08:57 AM.