View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Sure, a few people buying e-bikes and some buying e-cars WILL have an effect on 'emissions' but unless there is some sort of crisis, as in fuel shortage or something else(certainly not a pandemic) that forces people to make these huge changes..sorry, I don't see it. It's all about convenience, and $ for the vast, vast majority of people..here in the US and certainly elsewhere, particularly in countries where the 'daily grind' is pretty much just surviving.

https://lifewater.org/blog/9-world-p...SAAEgJZf_D_BwE

Considering the huge divides between people right now on things pretty simple, like public health, I don't see how 'civic leaders' do anything to promote bike use or anything like that. Perhaps make dino-powered car use more inconvenient or more expensive...but..sorry, I am cynical and pessimistic when it comes to these sorts of threads.
Things proposed by 'my side of the isle'-thumb's up..proposed by the 'other side of the isle'-thumb's down..even on the same issue.

Another point, that points to 'convenience'..at 70 YO, I can assure you I won't be buying an ebike to go to the grocery, I'm sure I'm not alone.

Perhaps if 'collectively' but the majority of people on planet earth aren't going to 'do' anything...Even in the US..like oh so much else, it's a political football..'They say it?', automatic NO, even if it IS the right thing to do for our and our children's collective survival. Too much money, influence, bribes..all short term stuff...

The earth is in real trouble, no doubt about it but too many people(majority?) chose to fiddle...and argue....while rome burns.
We have to each start somewhere in changing our habits, our practices. There are times that I do share similar feelings to yours Old Potatoe but to do nothing just concedes defeat. I refuse to let that happen despite what I see happening around me daily.