View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 07:13 AM
It's Polly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
Ditto. I've shot them pretty far across the room when they get slippery, but I keep a sleeve of fresh ones at the ready. Well into the 5 figures of nipples turned a year, round-offs just don't happen, plus I'm about 20% faster with the simple Park ones than with any others.
Double Ditto!

I also like what you said about the simple Park wrench being speedier to use. I think that it has a lot to do with muscle memory and what you were raised on. The wrench that you learned with is most likely going to be your default spoke wrench. I too have a drawer full of spoke wrenches, and some have merit and some don't.

The ubiquitous Park wrench is always my first choice right after the rims are laced and the spokes need to be set up for tensioning. This is where the Park spoke wrench really shines. It has just the right amount of "slip-fit-feel" to it to allow me to easily slip in onto a nipple and make the adjustment, then slip it off and apply it to the next nipple.

For final tensioning I will always use a 3-sided wrench like the DT Swiss or the Park Master Spoke Wrench.