View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:19 PM
Time & Bikes

I have (had?) astigmatism in both eyes, worse on left than right. So that’s why I had my doc put in the toric lens for both eyes, and so far I’ve been very happy. Excellent distance and mid range, much better than before, and now I need reading glasses, something I never needed before.

I say “so far” since I had my left-eye surgery the beginning of May and the right eye just in early June. In fact, since my doc wanted me to wait 3 weeks before cycling, I rode today for the first time since my completed surgery. And because I could see more clearly, especially in dappled light and on rutted roads, I felt far more confident again on my bike. Yay!

My out of pocket was the cost of a good bike, $3K or $1.5K per.

Somebody earlier in the thread said he wished he had gotten more info about astigmatism related lens choices, and I believe somebody else said they have astigmatism and the regular, no-extra-cost lens was fine for them. And so far, with eyes not perfectly healed yet, I’m super happy. I s’pose one idea here is if you have astigmatism, do a bunch of research before cataract surgery.

Dave, who has discovered the joys of various Rudy Project Rydon lens tints