View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk87 View Post
Good gravy! I think I found the culprit. Thanks for posting this. I used the Speedplay torque driver on the cleat bolts and the screws felt as though they were super tight. I'm guessing that this was the reason. I will try backing them out and see how that works. I have no experience with the Zeros so I figured that this is just how tight they were.

The torque driver works well with the X-series stuff, at least for me. Maybe it's too much for the Zero's?
Don't back those screws out. The reason Speedplay offers those torque wrenches is because that is the torque those screws are meant to be tightened to. Thats the way it works. If you back them out you risk of cleat location drift at best or air worst the cleat will come off.. I have seen this MANY times.
If you don't like the high release tension get the Ultra Light. I think that is why the Ultra Light came after the Zero, too many people complained the release tension was too high. OR better yet, don't get Speedplay at all. I'm a fan and have sued X-Series for years, but I think the pedals are DOA. Wahoo doesn't seem to be doing much with them or maybe they are doing a redesign and will be very different than they are now.