View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 04:30 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm View Post
Suffered through a Little Feat Concert? SUFFERED THROUGH A LITTLE FEAT CONCERT!! I don’t think I want to know you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tz779 View Post
Whaaat? Lowell George & Roy Estrada were awesome, imho.

Funny anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tz779 View Post
I know, RIGHT??
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Well, let me just say this about that.

I've been on a bit of a mission to see a lot of old performers before they stop touring or just plain die. I've kinda done that for 20 years or so (e.g. John Lee Hooker), but the effort has accelerated over time, especially in the last 3-4 years. I just buy a ticket and go. It could be a singer/musician/band that I'm not terribly interested in, but I want to see at least once. Maybe I catch them on a good night. Maybe I catch them on a bad night. Maybe the sound is great. Maybe the sound is bad. Maybe the sound is really bad - I once saw Aretha Franklin perform with a horrible sound system that muted her, but that wasn't her fault.

The worst show I've seen was good. The best shows were flat out outstanding. Amazing. Moving. Stirred my soul. A variety of genres.

I saw a reincarnation of Little Feat at a local show 2-3 years ago. It was worth the price of admission. Not great, but good. I'd buy another ticket if they came around again.
It would be interesting have a do over - that is for sure. The venue was probably the worst possible place in the Bay Area back then - the Cow Palace. this is a giant "arena" where you guessed it, livestock shows and rodeo were held.

They were the opener for Yes...the first tour after Wakeman left. To this day both my friend who I went with an I use Little Feat as a code word for a terrible show.

To Rueben's point, I feel lucky to have seen a lot of live shows in my life. Across genres. Sometimes I wish I was a bit older to have seen some of the iconic but then again I would indeed be a lot older. :-)