Thread: HSG Bikes
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Serpico

am I the only one who thinks it's odd to go from 7 models to... what, 21+?

I thought the whole idea behind a "custom" frame was that it was custom--you don't need 236 versions to decide from... you just ask for what you want and they build it.

I think it would make more sense to build a product line around modular 'options' that can be applied to different models--while keeping the number of actual models very low. it seems every other company on the planet recognizes this. the supply-chain issues that motivate larger companies to this business model might be different, but from the customer's perspective it's the same. k.i.s.s.

last year they had a model called a 'Unicasi' (r.i.p.) which was... brace yourself... a bike with ss couplers. why it wasn't a "serotta cIII with coupler option"? makes no sense imo---none.

if I were to buy a serotta tomorrow--I have no idea which one I would buy*... absolutely no idea. it's like a book of friggin' carpet swatches--too many choices imo.

anyways... /rant off/

* only sorta true, I'd definitely buy a legend

disclaimer: just my opinion

btw, much love to serotta--I'm guessing these are just birth pangs from integrating carbon into the lineup

Last edited by Serpico; 12-15-2006 at 10:25 AM.