View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 04:25 PM

Going to bump this thread so as to not start a new one.

I'm going to grab some new shoes and found a good deal on the specialized Sub6. I know my sizing for them, but I'm not totally soled (hehe) on the laces. I'm coming from old school nike poggios which had 3 velcro straps. I always found myself setting them up a bit loose during the warmup and then cinching them down when I *actually* started riding. I feel like my feet expand a bit when riding and it's nice to be able to tighten/loosen things.

At the same time, I went to laces for snowboarding shoes after having all sorts of instep issues on the boa and speedlace variants I tried. Once the shoes broke in, I can basically set them up so I tie them for the walk to the lodge then retie them before riding and I'm good for the day.

I wonder if I could get to that point with lace up shoes. Otherwise... I was thinking of getting a set of shoes with double boas. LBS sells specialized and can get the SWork 7's.

Anyone make the switch recently and love it or hate it? Open ears here

Edit:

I saw this too: https://tempo.sg/2017/09/04/long-ter...ks-sub6-shoes/
-A bit out there, but it would allow for some adjustability on the bike. Could also lock lace into a couple of zones to adjust things.

Last edited by ridethecliche; 11-06-2020 at 04:59 PM.