View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
I think this is a great recommendation. The bikes are light and should ride well with 32s, but give you the opportunity to try 650b or larger 700c tires if you end up wanting to go in that direction.

That said, if you still want to get a true "road bike" experience, I'd say something like the Synapse that was mentioned or a Canyon Endurace would trend more in that direction as far as handling is concerned, while still giving enough space for light gravel duty.

Gunnar is also worth a look if you like steel and want something on the affordable end that is classic and splits between road and gravel.

I guess the question is just how much road performance and handling you want - if you don't care about sharp handling and efficiency, and see yourself more enjoying the scenery at 16-18mph avg on the flats, I'd go more in the gravel/all-road segment. If you still want to do group rides and fast centuries, lean more to the endurance bike side of things knowing you're giving up some gravel capability there.