View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
That's interesting David. I would never have thought that a handful of employees would do that from a custom frame builder. Turds come in all shapes and sizes. Glad my Meivici is legit!
Matthew, I think in the era of the Meivici (and well prior to that) this type of activity had long been squelched. In my time with the company, I'd say the most "regrettable" common practice undertaken by employees regarding framesets was the purchase/assembly of employee frames through the appropriate and fair channels, not primarily to be ridden by the employee, but rather as a store of value to be liquidated either upon termination or during furloughs. In these cases, the resulting bikes were sound and usually regular production models, they just perhaps didn't do much to kindle nor to further an employee interest in cycling or the company's products.

With all of that said, I am not in any way contradicting Dave's stories from his tenure, which predated mine, and his opinion regarding the old frame currently being discussed is one I'd listen to attentively.