View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain dogs View Post
If it doesn't have aero seatstays (the flattened, bladed seatstays) it's not a CAAD8.

It appears to me that the seatstays are round. I'm very certain that is a CAAD7. However, I've been wrong before.

I pretty sure that no CAAD 8's of that era were made without the aero stays. Only the new CAAD 8's were, but those aren't MUSA. The CAAD 9's had the stays more outboard at the seattube cluster (done even further with the 10), and the beginnings of the hydroformed top tube at the headtube junction. CAAD7's were made with almost entirely with 'round' or predominantly round tubes.... although the downtube did get larger toward the BB, the top tube was tapared and the seatstays of course were wishbone, but they were all what most would call 'round'. The 7's were the last before major shaping/flattening/hydroforming of the tubes started.
I'm fairly confident this is a CAAD7 or at least that era frame. Stays are definitely round. I've yet to come across a Saeco CAAD in this color with a threaded BB before.

A buddy thinks it could've been a one-off frame for a team at the time still wanting a threaded BB. Who knows!