View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
I had a first gen criterium (I should post a picture of it) and while it was legit, I don’t really think it was better than a good steel frame to be totally honest. People act like Klein’s were better but I think they were made later.
Kleins later than Cannondales you mean? Was it all pr? Kleins sure were lusted after, I remember that, and they sure seemed very legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
So my brother raced back in the nineties and was a Cat1 while in college. I remember going over to this apartment and everyone was geeking out about a Klein Quantum Race he had just gotten. I was more of beer swilling frat guy who could've cared less. But I do remember that bike and thinking man it looked fast. It looked identical to this:

Years later after I had gotten into cycling he told me that Klein was great at the time but didn't go much further after Trek bought them (more focus on Carbon/Lance) and that Cannondale just kept innovating. They started early with Aluminum and stuck with it.
Beautiful.
Yes, that's why I was wondering about the pre-Trek Kleins. I remember seeing their colors...amazing, really beautiful in real life. And I liked that font.

I always thought Principias really looked fantastic too, just so utilitarian, well-proportioned, and precise.