View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 04:26 PM
Rockstruck

Talking

* where do you live? Charlottesville, VA

* explanation of your handle: initials

* explanation of your avatar: have not figured out yet how to load one

* age (general or specific): 58 (old enough to miss my 30's)

* occupation: entrepreneur. I have started four new companies. Two are still going strong.

* favorite bike: My Lemond Zurich (much improved from the picture below, with the help of several paceliners)

* what's in your stable? In addition to the '97 Lemond Zurich, I have a 1991 Trek mtb which has been through various incarnations as a trail bike, a polo bike, a city bike, and now back to a trail bike. I am also responsible for another vintage Trek steel mtb which will soon have drop bars, and a '90s Fuji step-through.

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55ish, coming down Afton mountain in the late 90's. I probably wouldn't do that now.

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? just enough to make sure everything still is still working smoothly and that the brifters don't freeze up.

* picture of yourself or your ride? see attached

* make up and answer at least one additional question: What's your favorite bonk fix? I used to bonk big time in cold weather and have to carry a giant fig newton that the little country stores around here sell, to get me home.

* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: Well it wasn't my lie, but my best friend in high school used to tell his female friends that I was outlandishly proportioned.

* and, something fun: My favorite thing on a bike was taking a celebratory ride, six+ hours down roads I had never been on, pre-cell phone. I want to find that experience again.

* How did you find the paceline Forum?* A friend pointed me to it.

Len
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shop view IMG_8009 small.jpg (145.3 KB, 699 views)

Last edited by RWL2222; 07-09-2020 at 06:30 PM.