View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Welp, thought we were going to be okay in our high-rise - relying on deliveries and such so we could limit exposure to other residents and shelter in place while continuing to work 50+/hrs remotely as I usually do. But we just got word late today that our management company is closing their office and will no longer facilitate deliveries to the building (I'm assuming USPS has access still) or our secure package room. They said they are going to keep cleaning staff going - which I have yet to see evidence of.. Our building is 22 stories (17 residential), probably 300+ units. All "amenities" are already closed. They also abdicated any responsibility to let residents know if other residents are C-19+ or under quarantine - just said "please follow the CDC guidelines". Seems residents have stopped caring about the rules too - lots of weed smoke wafting into our place and cigarette smoke when we try to open our windows - guess people gotta cope, but sucks when your partner has asthma. We are paying buckets of ducats to be here. Thankfully we are just on a month-to-month lease and are renting a furnished unit.. Currently combing Craigs, AirBnB and anywhere else to try to find something. Of course it's crazy time trying to find anything other than apartments in high-rises here - especially when you have a feline friend. Oi. I know, first world problems, etc. - I'm very thankful to have a job and the means to have this roof over my head - still, the question was asked, and there's the answer..
Our amenities were closed a few days ago too. And I was joking before that after returning from our trip, what a shame to be quarantined in a place similar to most tropical luxury resorts...now we are stuck on our 50 foot wide terrace overlooking the mountains with no toilet paper.