View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 08:01 PM

I just got a new Madone SLR with disc brakes. Best feature may be the new Isospeed that is fully adjustable (I had mine adjusted mid-way) and makes the aero bike as comfortable as Trek's Emonda. Also, the new 2 piece handlebar and stem are nice; you can tilt the bars up 5 degree. The Madone handles well and feels great in the flats and fast descents.

I usually don't buy the big brand bikes -- Parlee, Eriksen, Seven -- and since I have two gravel bikes (Seven Evergreen, Trek Boone), the Madone appealed to me. It's very neat looking and I'm glad the bike is more traditional as the seat stays are not low like most aero bikes (usually about 1/4 down the seat tube like BMC).

I chose discs instead of rim brakes because you can fit bigger wheels; plus my other road bikes are rim brakes. Though, I upgraded my wheels to Bontrager Aeolus XXX 4 - very nice and on par with Enve and Campy Bora. Stock gruppo was mechanical Ultegra, which I may upgrade to SRAM eTap or Shimano/Campy wireless if they ever come out.

Couple of things to note, if you get an aero bike than you should meet with the mechanic whilst putting it together. Since my main LBS sells Treks, I dialed in my fit so the mechanic could cut the housing just right. Otherwise, the mechanic will put it together using average measurements and you may need to revisit to get the fit dialed in correctly. So many housing running in the frame, it takes lot of patience and practice to put it together; I spent most of an afternoon & evening getting it fitted.. My Madone is the same fit as my other bikes.

Test ride one and I don't think you'll regret it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trek-madone-slr-6-disc-1.jpg (100.2 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by veloduffer; 02-17-2020 at 08:05 PM.