View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:21 PM

how smooth are your roads?

how smooth is that suspension? how good are your teeth? can you smooth things out with lower tire pressure like your gravel bike? i had a manual trans 330i a ways back. i never got to the point of having to repair it cuz i hated driving it so much i sold it in less than 6 months. i loved the looks and the thought of owning a beemer. kinda like some crazy women i fell for.

i wonder if the car you are considering has this "feature?"

"At the heart of the BMW Start/Stop system is a beefier starter and a “glass-mat” 12-volt battery designed to handle the frequent starting. When the engine is warm and the cabin heating/cooling demands are in the right range, stopping at a light will be followed by a less than graceful shudder as the engine turns off. Next, the car turns the HVAC blower down to a gentle breeze to keep the electrical draw low. (Without a hybrid style battery, capacity is fairly low.) The car will automatically start the engine when you release the brake (or when the car decides the engine needs to run for cabin cooling.) Engine restarts are far from seamless with engine cranking, a shudder and a delay to forward progress while the ZF 8-speed’s hydraulics re-pressurize. Passengers used to smooth start/stop cycles in hybrid cars found the start/stop cycles “abrupt” and “jarring.” I found the fuel savings worth the commotion, but if your tastes differ, BMW offers an “off” button. If you live in a hot climate like Phoenix, don’t expect the system to start/stop too often."

how'd i do?

Last edited by eddief; 12-06-2019 at 10:39 PM.