View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
It really is. Unless the argument is that she's less of a woman because she's gone through a complex and lengthy medical process to have her sex align with her gender.
This is the most ridiculous point. Maybe we should realign the categories based on chromosomes instead of “gender.” Like it or not, there are clear distinctions between XX and XY competitors in sports at the elite level. This is across the board in strength and endurance sports. Without exception. It’s completely unfair to women competing. If you want to transition, I respect that and I will refer to you by the pronoun you want, but it’s ridiculous to think that a competitor who used to be a man, doesn’t have an advantage over a woman. McKinnon is a prime example of this because she was nowhere near world class when she was a male. I agree with the categories in one of the strength federations where only cis-gendered women may compete in the women’s category and then everyone else must compete in the open category. That’s as fair as it gets. Just because someone identifies as something does not make it so.