View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:57 AM

I have a 2016 version before the ISOSpeed was changed to be adjustable and the front was changed to have the shock absorbing headstock. I've still got less than 10k miles on it cause it's a "sunny day" bike but I've rode it > 150 miles in a day over some pretty nasty courses.

Mine comes in right around 17lbs with carbon bottle cages. My bike is a rim brake 5-series OCLV but was built from a frameset. It has Ultegra but almost everything else is non-Trek except the Stem.

These bikes have a super stiff bottom bracket.. you will still feel the rough roads through your legs.

I find the ISO Speed is amazing for certain kinds of hits on rough roads. It is especially effective for vibration. "Scarified pavement" from road construction is one of the more amazing things to ride over on these bikes. It nearly erases all the vibration from the saddle. You end up riding differently than normal bikes.. on normal bikes I'd be trying to unweight the saddle a little more, on the Domane I end up trying to weight the saddle more because that's the contact point with the least vibration.

I would not say the ISO Speed is going to stop a sore back though. That is still way more fit dependent. Bars/Saddle not quite right and the bike will still make your back sore just like any other.

If you are really noticing the ISOSpeed moving with pedaling IME it's an indicator fit is not right.

I have never really wished I had disc brakes on this bike. It's still a road bike, not a gravel bike.