View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Craftsman Inflator for Cyclocross

I just picked one of these up after reading multiple how-to articles online and watching every video I could find. I had a few questions around the stock hose length and accuracy, both of which I will outline below. Overall, having borrowed one of these a few times in the past, they are super cool and easier to carry around compared to a floor pump.

Most of the write ups that I found focused on cutting the stock hose and replacing it with a Silca hose, barb, and thread on Presta adapter. However, this near new one I picked up on FB Marketplace for $68 has a like new hose. I was curious if that silver Shrader end that they come with is easily removable. Turns out it is. Small vice grips on the head, needle nose to work the clamp down the fitting. 30 seconds later everything seems to be in good shape. I plan on heating up the hose and lubing the new presta head up a bit before insertion.

I found an older silca presta head on ebay and am hoping it works with the leftover hose and clamp as is. Worst comes to worst, i'll remove the clamp and get a new one.

As is, the stock hose with the head removed is 18" long from tip to the red fitting.
I'll test the pressure accuracy with my Topeak digital checker and report back.
Brand new battery coming from the internet.

Presta head:

Pics of removal:

Last edited by kppolich; 10-17-2019 at 06:37 PM.