View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 05:33 PM

Baby's First Ritchey - Build/shoe suggestions?

Hey y'all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Picked up this 90s Ritchey Road Logic complete for a decent deal off of Craigslist and wanted to poll the crowd. I don't have much experience with conventional road bikes of any kind but I just moved to a place where the road riding is pretty great so I want to get into it. For reference about where I'm coming from style wise/bike interest-wise, my other two bikes are a Soma Grand Randonneur that I use as a lock up bike and a Rivendell Sam Hillborne that I use on slower, comfy rides/fire trails and light singletrack.

Anyone have any build suggestions for the Ritchey? Currently planning on modernizing the shifting and drivetrain (thinking newish 105 5800 in silver if I can track it down) with a more contemporary, complete groupset, but looking for suggestions about bars, tape, colors, etc.

Also, anyone have shoe/pedal combos they love for the beginner who appreciates quality? Obviously the pink nylon pedals are temporary. Not trying to spend a fortune but don't want no garbage either. A friend was recommending XT pedals with Giro Privateers, but interested in hearing other opinions as well.

Photo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1g...ew?usp=sharing

Current build:
Chris King 2Nut headset
White Industries T11 hubs laced to H Plus Son TB14 rims
Ultegra 6750 double 46/34
Tiagra 12-30 10sp cassette
Ultegra 6700 FD & RD
Dura Ace 7900 downtube shifters
Ultegra 6500 brakes
Dura Ace
Sram brake levers