View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:40 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonk View Post
For your chain suck issue, I'd suggest making something like the old ringle chain suck plate. They are just a piece of aluminum with cut outs for the chain rings and a bolt to hold it in place. Or maybe buy a ringle and mod it for road spacing.

For paint, velocolour does touch ups - starting at $250 CAD depending on how big and how difficult. They did my SV and you can't even see where the chip was.
Its an idea but I rather just move to an 1X system and be done with it. I definitely like 2x more than 1x but that bike will be on gravel 90% of the time so 1x is totally fine for that. I will have 2 2x bikes so I won't be missing it as much and can ride a different bike if I am going to be on pavement too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
Cyclocarbon does both fixes and paint but he's backlogged. Fix and paint will run you somewhere around $600 I'd guess.
I will message them and see how long. I don't really need the bike for a minute so i am ok waiting. Just want to make sure they are good and people have had good experince. Its fine if they are back logged but if they tell me 2 months I want to make sure its 2 months, not 8.