View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
Cuero Gloves seem to be developing a bit of a following on this and other enthusiast websites.

https://www.cuerogloves.com/product-...loves/cycling/
I recently tried a pair of Cueros at the advice of multiple forum members. For me they do not work well. I am a heavy sweater, and the natural leather becomes very slippery on the bar tape when wet (and they get saturated fairly quickly in this New England summer weather). That said, they are a nice looking product when new, although in my experience they do not stay in great condition / shape for long.

The lifespan of my pair has been much less than what I'd anticipate for a product of this cost. After ~3 months and maybe 3k miles or so, mine have developed minor holes around the seams, despite using the manufacturer-recommended care products I purchased with the gloves. My prior pair of gloves lasted about 7k miles and cost less than half what the Cueros did.

I've reached out to Cuero recently with an inquiry for customer service/support about the fast wear / holes but no response from them yet. I think it's a small company, so perhaps they'll get around to answering in time.

In the past I have had good luck with Velocio, Giro, and Giant gloves. Probably going back to another pair of the Velocios to replace the Cueros. They breathe very well and the suede palms remain grippy even when soaked.