View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 PM

SOLD: Open UP Medium / 54cm "Ready To Paint" Frameset

Open UP Size Medium / 54cm frameset, first gen with post mount brakes. Weight bare frame is ~910g, fork ~400g. Comes with the Frame, Fork, Cane Creek headset, TA's, Front Derailleur Hanger, cable stops for 1x routing, seatpost collar, 3 sets cage bolts, derailleur hanger, and bottom bracket panel. $1100

Backstory:
Got this frame as part of a complete bike. Original owner stated they originally purchased this as a RTP frameset and only rode it on light gravel / dirt roads. Said they had it "professionally" painted all-black, but whoever the "professional" painter was the finished product was lacking to say the least. Looked like a rattle-can job at best - paint finish varied from semi-matte to semi-gloss, lots of paint drips, terrible quality of paint (could honestly fleck off portions with a fingernail). I rode the bike for a few months then decided to take it on as a project, with an eye out on getting it custom painted.

Roughly 20 hours of paint removal via 1) mild heat to weaken paint 2) light removal via cabinet scraper 3) wet sanding with 400/800/1200 grit and finally got it down to the clearcoat level:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6a.jpg

6b.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Frameset has no structural damage to speak of. No deep dents, scratches, nicks or anything. Given current station not sure will be able to get it custom painted for at least a few months, had a few ideas for design and style but need to focus more attention than I currently can offer.

Prices includes paypal. I'm willing to ship via actual price of Bikeflights or Shipbikes, can ship internationally but extra shipping and possible import fees might be applicable. If in the NYC/CT/Northern NJ area we could do a face to face. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me via message, and I will answer as soon as possible. Reasonable offers are always welcome. Thanks in advance for the interest.

Last edited by yinzerniner; 08-05-2019 at 01:34 PM.