View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
There's an implication anytime someone says "The refs" in a not particularly close game over a variety of really non-high leverage calls that somehow different officiating would have led to a different result.

The reality is both teams play with the same garbage 3 refs if there's 3 garbage refs.

It's a lazy and hackneyed complaint to wield when there are way more obvious reasons why the Warriors got punched in the mouth last night. Two missed goaltending calls aren't going to swing that game.

The most obvious being Boogie -- who I love -- looking like a guy who would struggle to jump over a Sunday Newspaper. Any fans of a team in the NBA finals playing Quinn Cook for 27 minutes and expecting a resounding win need to desperately reset their expectations.

Now, do we want the refs to get the high leverage calls right? Of course. But I echo Jaybee's assessment. If you hate NBA refs, go watch literally any NCAA tournament game. You'll pine for the Scott Fosters of the world.
The Sunday NY Times is a very thick newspaper. I challenge you to jump over it...