View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:58 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Classic Paceline. Thread started about Shimano, replies make it all about Campy.

Ultegra is 100% worthy of a Kirk. If you want the wider range over DA, it's a no brainer. They are also cross-compatible, so you can always run an Ultegra cassette/RD with DA everything else.

If you're concerned about things getting dinged up from riding on gravel, no sense in spending extra for the nicer finish quality on DA.

Also, seems like R9100/R8000 might have been a slight downgrade in quality and level of finish from 9000/6800, which have been exceptional in my experience.

RE: missed or "sticky" multiple shifts, sounds like an installation problem. The shifting action needs the newest "slick" cables and housing, Ultegra or DA level cable kits will be a huge improvement over standard bike shop bulk parts.
Quote:
I have been strictly a Campy man up to now
The OP mentioned it first, to be fair..BUT, as mentioned, I'd do a mix(unless the 'kit' makes it way more $, or tougher)..or go with ultegra..fine stuff. After looking at it and such, not sure why DA is SO much more expensive....

But, $ for $, I'd do Chorus or Potenza->