View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 PM

Also, I use the heath app on my phone to track everything. If you flip my mileage chart over it looks like my weight loss graph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
Several things worked wonders for me:

- Eat only fish, meat, poultry and stuff that grows out of the ground. Gave up anything from a box. Water at all meals, no soda or milk. One off night a week. No limit on amount I eat it just healthy. Tons of protein!
- Park far from office, walk mile from car to office. Walk during lunch. Did this at start....after a week of walking added .5 mile jog at night and upped .5 mile each week. Now goal is 10 miles total of walk/run per day. Sounds crazy but if I can do it anyone can! Sometimes I’m running middle of the night or around ballpark while kids practice but 6 out of 7 nights it happens.
Time spent walking and running was not tracked, just the mileage. That way when my knees hurt, I slowed down but did not stop and did not worry that I’d have slow time. An amazing thing happened - my knees which have hurt BAD for over 20 years gradually hurt less and less. Now I can run 5-10 miles and they don’t hurt. Crazy, like miracle crazy. My knees hurt so bad before. Now I feel free again being able to run. Through in few bike rides but mostly ran.
- I weighed myself every morning and night at exact same time. Could predict to within a few ounces where I’d be based on what I ate and workout. Not sure if I’d recommend this step to everyone but I believe if your goal is weight loss you better track this daily. It motivated me.
- whenever possible got family involved with exercise and diet but don’t force the issue. My son loves running and typically runs to his practice with me. Once in a while joins me for run after work. He usually runs 1–2 miles day on his own. I just can’t keep his pace!
- tell everyone you know you are doing it, they will provide encouragement when you need it without you even asking.

I’m not a dietician but from my last four months believe it’s 80% diet, 20% physical activity. Many people I know just worry about exercise part but I’ve cone to realize it’s way way more diet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A1602EA1-F2F3-498B-AD7B-D55D17ECBBD9.jpeg (103.2 KB, 433 views)