View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Our family watches Jeopardy pretty religiously. Our DVR is set to record every episode and we either watch it later that night, or if we miss a few days, watch a bunch in one sitting.

The show has never seen somebody like him. He is obviously super intelligent with a photographic memory or whatever, but he is also able to recall those facts super quick, and rarely gets a question wrong. He has obviously also studied up on he tactics and using them to his considerable advantage. His gambling background is clearly being used to great effect as well.

The amazing thing to me is not just that he was won I think 15 days in a row now, but the money totals he is winning are off the chart. Ken Jennings averaged I think around $34K per win, James average is more than double that, around $75K! Only once was the game not over before Final Jeopardy.

Whether the show is catering to him I have no idea, but I don't think he needs it. I also thought he was kind of a jerk at first, but have warmed up to him. I think he has worked on his television presence to come across as more personable, and it's worked.

I'm very interested to see how this ends...