View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 03:51 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttx1 View Post
The bigger opportunity for Campy - at all levels - is to address the clear trend toward mixed surface riding.

Some ideas...

1:1 ratios (32 or 34)
Clutch RD (or at least a competitive mid-long cage solution for wide range cassettes)
Wide rims

It might even be interesting to see a 1x solution, although I don't think that's the perfect move for Campy.

The reality is that Campy is squarely a pavement focused brand. They don't provide a real CX solution anymore.

We can debate the merit or necessity of "gravel" products, and the relative utility of Campy for unpaved applications - but the market reality is unambiguous. Campy needs to address where the market is moving, and soon.

12speed is great, and hopefully lays the foundation for a more compelling wide range cassette.

Would also be good to see some real leadership on the wireless side of things - so much untapped (ahem) potential.

I just took delivery of my first non-Campy bike in 15 years, and I'm not quite ambivalent about it because Campy didn't have what I wanted today.

If/when they address most of the items on my list, I'll switch back in a blink.

12 or not.
100% on this but I know none of it will happen since campy does not care about non road stuff.

clutch RD would be fantastic (specially if they did a 11 speed one... I would put one on my bike right away)... bigger cassettes are nice but since I can just put a shimano or sram it does not matter to me, I have 11-36 and 11-34 all working great with campy right now (road link of course, I think the 34 could probably work without it though).