View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:05 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Its not like pdmtong is new to bikes. Its a rather complex question that makes me think he knows what he is looking for so i will assume he has a reason for asking the way he did rather than looking for online bike fitting. Then again ive been wrong before .)

Sorry but i dont know the answer to your question either but i would guesstimate that its less than 5mm. Id guess around 2 or less just because the angle in change is still rather small in total when measured from the tip of the saddle.
Well, I "think" I know what I am doing but believe me, reading the forum keeps making me just a little more dangerous in my presumed knowledge. And it's always good to ask since everyone sees things differently.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

My saddle is 75.0 with 7.5cm setback
Saddle tip to bar is 56.0-57.0 at 7.5-8.0cm bar drop.

I am looking at a stock "endurance geo" cannondale synapse eTT 56.1 that is a little taller and a little shorter than my current set ups.

The frame would ship with the stem in the max height position which is 30mm spacers on top of a 25mm cone spacer.

With my saddle in the correct place and the bar maxed upwards as shipped, the saddle tip to bar is 53.5 and the bar drop is 2cm based on the -6dx100 stock stem.

That's why I want to take out spacers and use a
1) 110/120 stem to get my saddle tip to bar reach further by about 25mm to 56.0
and
2) -17d/-20d to increase my bar drop from 2cm to at least 6cm.

the frame angles are normal 73.0 HTA and 73.5 STA
None of the calculators let me estimate this bar reach measure but my guess is like tuscanyswe asserts. I could just add the linear measure to the reach diagonal and be close.

I'll probably order both a -20dx110 and a -20dx120 fizik stem from CC so I can meaure in person and easily return it.

thanks also for your comments about the cables Dave. It's nice to see you back posting as you had helped me a lot with my Campy questions when I first joined the forum.