View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 05:59 AM

This post had me on the phone with Comcast for almost an hour yesterday trying to whittle my $260/month Triple Play package down. My biggest issue is high speed internet. We need it and anything over 100 Mbps is over $100 - just for the internet. Get rid of the phone and limit your channels to the most basic (except HBO - my kids would kill me if we couldn't watch Game of Thrones in April) and you're at $212 (plus or minus). The best I could do was $241 which included 1G internet plus every channel known to man and Netflix included (previously paying for Netflix separately). It's less, but I'm still not happy. They have us over a barrel here - Comcast is our only local high speed option.

I want to cut the cable but any streaming service is $40. We kind of still want the phone (older parents). Add those up with $100 internet and you can get to $241 pretty quickly!

One question - has anyone bought their own 1G EMTA (we need the phone jack, I was told) modem and gotten rid of the $13/month rental fees Comcast charges? Internet searches turn up lots of options but this forum always steers me in the right direction.