View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:22 AM

Another vote for living near your work rather than commuting (this is the sweet spot that's hard to find in LA, imho). I agree that most places in greater LA have easy access to good/great road/mtb. Not sure I agree there's much happening in Culver City, but that does put you much closer to the ocean.

I've done a bike commute from farther west than Culver City to DTLA just south of Echo Park, and it was not very stressful for an LA bike commute (downright pleasant in the mornings, actually). I don't imagine it would be much more stressful going the opposite direction. I want to tell you it's definitely doable, but I suppose it's all relative to what you're used to. We don't have much (any?) cycling infrastructure and the roads are not great, but with careful route selection, a lot of cross city commutes arent too bad.

For mixed mode, what would make sense is for you to ride down to 7th st metro center and take the train to culver - anything else you get on will be a short trip to 7th st, and a cumbersome transfer, as the Expo line (going to Culver City) terminates at 7th.