View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
Given my track record, maybe I shouldn't be making predictions...

But teams actually passed on drafting a guy who outplayed Porzingis as an 18 year old in meaningful basketball?!?

I'd have taken him so fast his head would spin.

As far as Trae Young and Steph Curry...I'm not holding my breath there.

Finally...I still can't believe we passed on Robert Williams for a guy with bad ankles. Even worse, he's a Celtic.
He's got the court vision, the distribution is there. The shooting will come, but yes, Steph 2.0 is wildly optimistic. Legally blind man's Steve Nash? That's not the worst outcome ever. John Collins is super bouncy and Amare Stoudemire Redux (hopefully without the microfracture surgery). I'm more excited for Year 2 of the John Collins experiment than I am Year 1 of Trae Young. If Collins can shoot the 3 regularly and still provide his transition bounce, he's going to be a nightmare Stretch 4.

So we'll see what the Hawks have. Schlenck thinks Young has a higher ceiling than Doncic, which I don't know if I'd agree with that assessment. But Young another Top 10 that they hit on? Man...that changes the calculus a bit. Just have to look at the Hawks draft to see Schlenck is going for Warriors East: Point guard who shoots from everywhere and distributes, a 2 guard shooter with good size, and a flex 5 guy who does all the dirty work and maybe his the occasional corner 3.