View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
I think it was the original, whatever Josh was selling direct over across the hall a few years back. Maybe I used too much, my chain got really dirty really quick, even in dry conditions. But at the same time, as soon as they started saying 'only 10 drops for an entire chain', I lost any faith.

I did try one of the wax lubes, from Primier (similar to squirt I think), and it seemed OK, but also kind of gunked up a bit after a while.

Looks like I'll stick with Rock N Roll gold for now.

Cheers
You should have trusted what he said about ten drops. I put 10 (ok, sometimes 12) drops on my chain and run it by hands for a couple minutes in the bike stand. Then I go ride. After every ride I wipe off the chain with a microfiber rag, which returns it every day to bright gold newness. After about a week or week and a half, I'll add about 8 drops to a bright, newly-wiped chain. I can go like that pretty much forever unless I end up in the rain or the chain otherwise gets really crapped out. The chain makes less noise and shifts better than with any other lube, including Gold and Extreme. Chainring wear is less and the chain lasts closer to 2,000 miles than 1,000 miles, which was about what I got with Gold.

NFS is seriously good lubricant for chains. Just keep it simple and don't do too much, and it shines.