View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 03:16 PM

Main use is riding outside cell area. Don't ever use Strava live segments or the like. I was leaning towards the Wahoo but then I read the DCR review. His issue is a more specific case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
What is your most important use case?

If you want preloaded sky workouts and you're really into Strava Live Segments and stuff like that (assuming the Wahoo implemntation is good) than you might want the Wahoo.

If you want to ride out of cell coverage and be able to navigate without having a cell phone you might want the edge.

According to DC Rainmaker the Wahoo nav kind of stinks even when you've got the Cell phone and it has coverage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
As someone who is searching Garmin help forums currently and about to contact customer service for x2 separate issues (Edge 520 excessive battery drain, dead on ride less than three hours + constant autopausing while moving) I'd jump at the chance to switch allegiances to Wahoo.
I have read lot and lots of posts about Garmin battery issues connectivity and UI problems. You gotta think that the people that have no issues don't comment in the forums with angry posts. You see more of the negative stuff.