View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post

Euro trends die hard. No one wanted to ride carbon wheels with wid
All y'all tubular proponents get awful upset and go to great lengths to mansplain how awesome they are when someone doesnt agree they arent god's gift to cycling But what do I know, I ride aluminum bikes and use SRAM shifters.
I really don't care if people ride tubulars or not. It is a personal choice. My initial comments were focused on common misperceptions. I still stand by all of them.

Riding tubulars for the pros has nothing to do with Euro trends. It has to do with giving the rider the best chance to win. Think of these three things:

1) could you really ever run clinchers at 55psi during a rain soaked Paris Roubaix or better yet Flanders?
2) would you ever make it to the finish line if you punctured 700m from the finish line? Think of the great races that have been won when the rider crossed the line on his flattened tubular
3) do you really believe that Any pro team would endure the additional cost and maintenance involved with outfitting an entire team of tubulars if it wasn't a competitive advantage?

I'm not suggesting that clinchers haven't gotten a lot better, heck I even bought a pair last year. But the fact is that if they performed better, were safer or provided a competitive advantage, the pro team's would have all switched by now.

Oh, I bet you don't shave your legs either!!!