View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
its been said but my complaints with campy were the 29T cassette limit and the price of the cassettes. Now that they are interchangeable with shimano, I just get ultegra cassettes. Cheap, light and excellent. I always got KMC chains so no need for the silly campy chain breaker.

And also as already mentioned there is now a mid cage derailleur for all the groups. Potenza, Centaur, Chorus, Record and SR so a 32T cassette is now possible with any group.

I like the new campy crank, looks great on modern bikes but there is nothing that tells you you can't run an older gen crank on the new groups... they are easily available still. The new campy derailleur is also very nice, worth it IMO so I would always buy the 2015+ campy over the older versions. RD is also a different design but I don't notice as much difference as with the excellent FD shifting.
Campy compatable chain tools are certainly no longer very expensive. However, I use a quick link on my campy chains. I have seen 30 tooth cassettes run with zero issues on campy and even 32 (for 32 YMMV).

Last edited by Black Dog; 01-23-2018 at 10:23 PM.