View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
Big sweeping statements. If you think you know something, please share your insights.

Innovation can be defined a thousand different ways. Customer focus has hundreds of different forms and nuances.

No dog in this fight as being long both AAPL and MSFT so I'm not disputing you because what you said was ambiguous enough that it won't mean much as a view either for or against either company. But I'm interested to know what you think - can't hurt to ask, right?
Pretty simple. Macs were tools of the pro: Audio, Photo, Ilustration, Film.. Those industries relied on Macs and mac only. Apple in return was there to fullfill pro needs. Now apple is selling toys instead of pro machinery. The new mac pro just killed the audio guys who need all kinds of ports for their operations. Have you seen how all the ports went away?
The new OS is prone to crashes. Not to mention how everything soldiered so you cannot replace a battery or expand memory and HDs. The effort is to sell something slim, light, pretty and if high end functionality gets in the way.. get rid of it.
I come w/ this diatribe from listening to audio technicians, film editors and i am a pro photographer so ymmv.

Last edited by colker; 02-22-2017 at 07:08 PM.