View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 PM

OT: Thinking about giving up my car

Hi all,

Since I sold my house, retired and moved closer to the beach, I've used my car much less. Where I live I can walk to about 15 restaurants, a huge grocery store, a huge drugstore, movie theatre and some retail shops.

Also, my car is a stick shift with sports bucket seats and driving it in traffic for any length of time makes my sciatica pain go off the charts! This happens in all cars, just happens to be worse in my car. Also, my wife owns a car, but I'd only have access to it at night and on the weekends.

Uber and Lift are usually no more than a few minutes away and it's seems kind of funny to say, but I enjoy the drivers company. Everyone of them has an interesting story to tell.

I've looked at a couple cars with autonomous driving features ( 2017 Audi Q7 & the 2017 MBZ E300). This feature would help, but still not be a 100% cure.

And, lastly, if I'm honest with myself, I don't really drive very much anyways. I don't particularly like to drive as I was a professional driver on and off for 35 years on TV shows and movies.

But, here is where the rub comes in...I can't fathom in my pea brain not owning a car. I've owned a car ( sometimes more than one at a time ) for over 40 years.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences or flames on this definitely "first world" issue I am having.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

PS: anyone want to buy my Porsche 911?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0217.jpg (45.1 KB, 422 views)

Last edited by SoCalSteve; 11-03-2016 at 06:41 PM.