View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 04:23 PM

Serotta '80 Time Trail bike, one of a kind (need help)

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and to Serotta. I'm Dutch but living in the USA for 3 years to start a small office to support our US activities, we sell smoked salmon. I cycle a lot in the Netherlands and build bikes for my hobby. Now I'm in the USA for a period of 3 years I started working on USA build bikes and parts. At this moment I have a Schwinn and a Softride but expanding all the time. I bought the below mentioned Serotta frame and can't find any information online. I bought it from eBay and the advert mentioned this:

Custom go-fast machine for individual and team time trials. Uses 700c rear and 24" front wheels. Includes gold Edco headset. Columbus aero tubing, 1" threaded steerer with internal rifling, Campagnolo fork ends and 1010B dropouts. 68-mm English-threaded bottom bracket. Built for single chainring, no braze-ons or cable guides for front shifter. Takes aero seatpost (size and spec unknown).

I also asked imput via the Facebook site (Serotta fanclub) and they helped me already but I need more help.

1. Can anyone tell me more about this frame?
2. Does anyone has pictures of this bike (build or frame only)?
3. Does anyone know anything about the parts that where on this bike?

I would love to bring this bike to his original state and preserve it if my wallet allowe it.

Thanks in advance for your help!