View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 06:20 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambee View Post
I ride dirt, I tour, I ride road and I want the same system of shifting on all of them.

I spoke to a compagnolo representative in March at the Berlin bike show. He said that the most requests they get are for a bigger gear range cassette. Campagnolo does not make any long cage derailleurs for their 11 gears setup so if they do bring something out, they may bring a new derailleur as well.

I pointedly asked the same fellow if they are working on Disk Brakes with Formula. His answer was "God NO". So we have to see.

I also disagree with your last statement - any company is aiming to increase market footprint, customer base and revenues. The way to do this is to appeal to more riders. Lets see what happens!
Except this one.

Campagnolo has been kinda iconic for a while. They are not the 'everything to everybody' type company. They just deleted one of their low end groups while improving the top 3. They care zero for 'gravel grinding', a little in cross, not much. Their forte is SR/Record/Chorus..They don't care about 'gravel grinding' the same way Porsche isn't interested in making a truck or Rolex making a electronic watch. Small company with a much different philosophy. If that doesn't suit some riders, like Rapha, they say 'oh well'. It's not always about the $/Euro/Lira/etc.

They appeal to more riders by making better stuff, the stuff they make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_35.JPG (11.0 KB, 408 views)