View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 AM

*Real Name (first or full - up to you) – Wayne

*Where do you live? – Central MA

*Explanation of your forum handle. – Title character from short-lived television show in the 80s that my brothers decided I reminded them of.

*Explanation of your avatar. – Haven't gotten that far yet. Maybe I'll take a promotional photo from the aforementioned TV series.

*Age (General or specific). – Old enough to remember my Scoutmaster's Cannondale from the mid-80s. That was such an alien looking bike to me. I guess he did something right since his son briefly rode for US Postal.

*Occupation. –·R&D for medical technology.

*How did you find the Paceline? – When I acquired a Gios Torino Super Record from 1980 (there's that decade again, I'm sensing a trend), I found some very interesting posts in the Paceline. Then I found out that Peter Chisholm had take up residence here and that sealed the deal.

*Favorite Bike. – Such a loaded question. Right now it's my 1999 Trek 2500 because it's been such a reliable workhorse and I love the wheels that I built after taking inspiration from Sheldon Brown's and Peter's posts on rec.bicycles.tech.

*What’s in your stable? –·The aforementioned Trek and Gios Torino and a Gary Fisher Joshua that I made more betterer with a proper rear shock and a Fox fork.

*Fastest speed on your bike? Where? When? – 53.5 mph barreling down a hill in Vermont earlier this summer. At least that's the fastest I have a record of.

*Tell us something fun. –·Regarding that kid that ended up riding for US Postal, when we were working on the cycling merit badge, I definitely beat him in all the unofficial sprints. Might be because he was 11 and I was 14 but I beat him!