View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM

I bought a 2012 Vamoots last year as a 50th birthday gift from me to me and it's fantastic. I'm not one to change bikes often (for the 20 years prior to this I rode a 1992 Serotta Colorado tg) so I took a long time deciding on this one. It really is as good as everyone says. It's quick and responsive if you want to push it yet it can just float along perfectly for a lazy afternoon ride. Mine is built up with HED Belgium C2s and I use 25c Vredestein Fortezza TriComps. Those tires measure about 26.5 across on those rims and they fit fine. I have about 3000 miles on mine and I have never once felt it wasn't the right choice. I did get the straight seat post because I really wanted the ability to change fore-aft and angle separately. It functions great and it looks fantastic, but as others have said, it's a seat post. That being said, I'm glad I have it. The company was fantastic to work with and they are very environmentally conscious, which was important to me. Mine is a stock 58 with a 1cm taller head tube (no charge for that) and a pump peg and it did indeed take every bit of 9 weeks from order to door. But it was well worth it. I still smile when I look down and see the sun glisten off that finish. I feel fortunate that I was at a point where I could afford one and have zero regrets.
I like the fact that it has a classic look with the just slightly sloping top tube and I also like that, aside from mine, I've never seen another one. Granted my nearest dealer is 150 miles away, but Moots helped out with that also. Because the closest dealer is over 100 miles away, Moots spoke to my local shop and arranged for a demo to be shipped to them in my size which they let me keep for a week. After approximately the first 30 feet of the first ride, I knew I wanted one and they let my LBS be the middleman. So I got the bike I wanted from my favorite shop. That to me was going above and beyond what you expect from companies nowadays.