The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Production Bikes (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crust Bikes Romanceur (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=197694)

stien 12-20-2016 12:57 PM

Don't you just have to flip the RD cable clamp around or something? Look up hubbub, maybe I'm making stuff up.

ColonelJLloyd 12-22-2016 09:22 AM

Shiftmate #1 with a SRAM X9 RD (or similar) would be the combo I'd do with the current shifters and cassette.

hummus_aquinas 01-02-2017 01:17 PM

hallo! posting to share some small updates on the bike, specifically the tires (compass switchback hill). I ran the bike through my go-to field testing facility (may canyon, little t) and the tire hype is real! talk about smooooth. big volume rules and everything feels awesome. the bike floated over debris, sandy washed-out roads, and filling-rattling broken concrete.

thanks for looking!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/596/31...a48189d5_b.jpg

https://c4.staticflickr.com/1/273/31...4fb8cea5_b.jpg

hummus_aquinas 01-06-2018 10:12 PM

update
 
Here's the latest iteration of this bike- MAP bars complete with jagwire decaleur for GB28 bag hastily fastened to a basket.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4598/...f61ae81d_c.jpghttps://farm5.staticflickr.com/4589/...e3759891_c.jpg

beeatnik 01-06-2018 10:46 PM

How did I miss this bika? Who's the cat in checkers next to N-Dawg?

phoenix 01-06-2018 11:05 PM

dee-o-pee-ee

hummus_aquinas 01-07-2018 10:39 AM

Beatnikmane! I didn't get any names unfortunately but it was a great group. Checker man crushed the route on a damn road bike with pretty tall gearing! Absolute mad man.
The LA Bike Scene (tm) has very distinct groups and styles and the majority of riders yesterday had big tire, bags, full-size boxes of snacks-style which I am very much down with.

559Rando 01-07-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummus_aquinas (Post 2290867)
Beatnikmane! I didn't get any names unfortunately but it was a great group. Checker man crushed the route on a damn road bike with pretty tall gearing! Absolute mad man.
The LA Bike Scene (tm) has very distinct groups and styles and the majority of riders yesterday had big tire, bags, full-size boxes of snacks-style which I am very much down with.

In the pic, I can see his skinny tire. Insane!

What is the Jagwire decauleur? A hack or a legit product (a la Berthoud, VO)?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

hummus_aquinas 01-07-2018 10:52 AM

Oh no, I'm just being a smart-ass. If you take a closer look at the photo I just tucked the brake cables behind the GB decaleur rod. I also fastened the lower bag strap around the tombstone and through the basket. This arrangement held up surprisingly well on tough terrain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 559Rando (Post 2290870)
In the pic, I can see his skinny tire. Insane!

What is the Jagwire decauleur? A hack or a legit product (a la Berthoud, VO)?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk


559Rando 01-07-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummus_aquinas (Post 2290878)
Oh no, I'm just being a smart-ass. If you take a closer look at the photo I just tucked the brake cables behind the GB decaleur rod. I also fastened the lower bag strap around the tombstone and through the basket. This arrangement held up surprisingly well on tough terrain.

Lol. Thanks!

What is the story with the drilled stem? Was that modified or was it manufactured that way?

Sweet bike. I like the drops and Map cockpits equally well. [emoji106]

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

hummus_aquinas 01-07-2018 11:06 AM

Thanks for the love! I bought the stem with that Special Custom Feature from a friend. It was originally on a touring bike with canti brakes. It's pretty slick for being mickey mouse'd!

xander1027 01-15-2018 11:17 AM

Great looking set up, very inspired!

hummus_aquinas 05-27-2018 06:21 PM

boat scene updates

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/893/2...12b8baca_b.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1754/...086bbcce_b.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1737/...b66d6513_b.jpg

vqstaphbeard 07-02-2018 02:50 PM

I'm curious how the low trail handles with the MAP bars. Any thoughts?

hummus_aquinas 10-18-2018 09:29 AM

latest update- big basket + big bag
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1959/...9464776d_c.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.