The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Campy 10spd shifting Shimano 11spd? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=288211)

ceolwulf 10-15-2022 05:02 PM

Campy 10spd shifting Shimano 11spd?

Hello all, it's been a while. Had a bad bout of pandemic induced depression and didn't do much of anything for long time. Getting back on bike now but mostly Zwift, especially since outdoor riding is mostly done for the year here.

I got a JetBlack Volt on closeout, which comes with a Shimano 11 speed cassette included. However my trainer bike (also my only bike at the moment) is Campy 10 speed. JetBlack don't have a Campy freehub available yet, which I didn't realize when I bought the trainer.

I want to switch this bike to 11 speed at some point soon but for the time being I bought a Jtek Shiftmate 2.

My question is simply what chain should I use with this. Do I need an eleven speed chain or is ten speed better here?

DHallerman 10-15-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceolwulf (Post 3159647)
Hello all, it's been a while. Had a bad bout of pandemic induced depression and didn't do much of anything for long time. Getting back on bike now but mostly Zwift, especially since outdoor riding is mostly done for the year here.

I got a JetBlack Volt on closeout, which comes with a Shimano 11 speed cassette included. However my trainer bike (also my only bike at the moment) is Campy 10 speed. JetBlack don't have a Campy freehub available yet, which I didn't realize when I bought the trainer.

I want to switch this bike to 11 speed at some point soon but for the time being I bought a Jtek Shiftmate 2.

My question is simply what chain should I use with this. Do I need an eleven speed chain or is ten speed better here?

With the Jtek Shiftmate, match the chain size with the cassette, not the shifter.

dana_e 10-15-2022 08:05 PM

use Shimano 9 speed cogs

works great, Shimano 9 = Campag 10

oldpotatoe 10-16-2022 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceolwulf (Post 3159647)

Match the chain to the cogset. Wellcome back, good on ya.

For right above..yes, Campag 10s shifters/ders shifts shimano 9s cogset real well. However, 'probably' need a 9s chain altho the 10s chain 'may' work.

ceolwulf 10-16-2022 10:06 PM

Thanks gents.