The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   various questions (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=9276)

yeehawfactor 06-27-2005 09:12 PM

various questions

1. Why did the motorola team doctor prevent an autopsy from being performed on Fabio Casartelli?
1.5 did it have to do with helmets or possible toxicology reports?
2. why was ottavio bottechia killed?
3. why do non-reps call my shop and try to pursuade me to carry haro full suspension? "their $600 full suspension bike is the best package around in my view" :crap:
4. what happened to laurent fignon? i understand the 1989 tour essentially ruined him, but what happened between 84-88?
5. is serotta working on a new mtb?
6. when someone talks of lance armstrong, is it wrong of me to say "well he's ok, but he's sure no gert jan-theunisse?"

dirtdigger88 06-27-2005 09:42 PM

I can answer #5- or at least tell you that there is a picture of an "un-named" Serotta MTB in the new Mountain Bike- of what ever new crudo mag that comes with me Bicycling-

wait- number 6- I guess its ok to say it- its true- they are two different people- lance doesnt have as many tatoos

Jason

Ti Designs 06-27-2005 10:18 PM

1) It was Festina's job to give pro cycling a bad name.

1.5) Yes.

2) He knew too much???

3) Because most bike shops try to make intelegent decisions on what lines they sell, and some brands get left out of large markets. There are always going to be the odd consumers who want those brands and the only way they see to get them is to convince a local shop. Do what I do, give them the Jerk's phone number.

4) Hinalt, Lemond, Roche, Delgado...

5) I can't say, I don't want to wind up like ottavio bottechia.

6) Are we talking Gert with hair or without? In any case, based on sales of yellow jerseys, Postal jerseys and Disco jerseys, I would say there are a lot more people who wish they were Lance than there are people who Lance wishes he could be.

OK, now for a question of my own. If the american league champions play the national league champions, why do they call the winners the world champions???

dirtdigger88 06-27-2005 10:23 PM

why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Jason

dave thompson 06-27-2005 10:44 PM

If palm oil is made from palms, what's baby oil made from?

Dave

BBB 06-27-2005 11:18 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but did the doctor prevent an autopsy?

The cause of death seemed reasonably straightforward.

Dr. Doofus 06-28-2005 06:55 AM

fignon had knee and achilles problems...and used too much cortisone to treat them...had a knee operation in 85...won fleche in 86 but pulled out of the tour...87 was ok, won la plage and 7th in the tour...won milan-san remo in 88 but had a tapeworm in july....

paulh 06-28-2005 07:58 AM

Why are there braille keys on the drive up ATM??

Kevin 06-28-2005 08:01 AM

Why do people like us gravitate to this forum?

Kevin

darylb 06-28-2005 08:19 AM

As long as we are asking...

Why does a slim chance and a fat chance mean the same thing?

jerk 06-28-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeehawfactor
1. Why did the motorola team doctor prevent an autopsy from being performed on Fabio Casartelli?

the cause of death was obvious, nearly as obvious as the results of any toxocology report they wished to avoid.

1.5 did it have to do with helmets or possible toxicology reports?

helmets? who gives a **** about helmets?

2. why was ottavio bottechia killed?

wrong place, wrong time.

3. why do non-reps call my shop and try to pursuade me to carry haro full suspension? "their $600 full suspension bike is the best package around in my view" :crap:

people believe what they read in magazines and on the inter-web.

4. what happened to laurent fignon? i understand the 1989 tour essentially ruined him, but what happened between 84-88?

bad joints. too much cort.

5. is serotta working on a new mtb?

how the hell would the jerk know?

6. when someone talks of lance armstrong, is it wrong of me to say "well he's ok, but he's sure no gert jan-theunisse?"

no.

NicaDog 06-28-2005 04:11 PM

#5 - Was at ride the rockies last week and saw a beautiful new Serotta MTB.

Carbon Top / Down tubes, Ti rear triangle. Sort of Ottrott meets the Mud.

Very beautiful - could be the next model out!

David

Kevan 06-28-2005 04:36 PM

I ain't answering...

until someone answers my questions about Sans-mans:

1. Is it true he can out run a park ranger when running in the nude? What if the park ranger is nude too?

1.5. Has he ever yet caught a virgin lass that he's chased?

2. What does his darling wife Gloria think of these escapades of his, and what's her view on his constant flirting with Kevan?

3. What exactly is his power over dogs?

4. What happened to Sandy? I understand the 2005
Serotta Open House essentially ruined him, but what happened between 01 and 04?

5. Just how slow can his Ottrott go? Is Serotta working on a slower model for him?

6. When someone talks of Sandy, is it wrong of me to say "Well he's ok, but he's sure no Barbara Woodhouse?"

Rapid Tourist 06-28-2005 06:51 PM

#5) at open house Jared, production manager, said that they are working on an Ottrott mtb and they are getting back into mtbs after a hiatus. I think there was one on display.