The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who are you (and what do you look like)? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=146445)

RBaker2778 04-13-2009 08:18 PM

* real name, Rob
* where do you live? Southern New Jersey
* explanation of your handle: First initial, last name, birthday
* explanation of your avatar: NA
* age (general or specific) 31
* favorite bike: Full Custom Kent Eriksen road bike
* what's in your stable? Kent Eriksen, Orbea Onix, Bianchi San Jose, Colnago Arte, Gary Fisher MTB
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Low 50's Descending Mt. Mitchell
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 7,500

* picture of yourself or your ride? will post later
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I am a lawyer, so there are many.
* and, something fun.

ckamp 04-16-2009 02:58 PM

* real name, Corey
* where do you live? Vancouver/Winnipeg Canada
* explanation of your avatar: Casati
* age (general or specific) 27
* favorite bike: Casati Goldline
* what's in your stable? 1984 Cramerotti SPX, 1980 Le Circuit, Early 90's Casati Goldline, 90's Marinoni Pista Special, Serotta Concours CS, few other city bikes.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 78kms.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4,000
* picture of yourself AND your ride?
http://ckamp.shawwebspace.ca/asset/v.../img_1246.jpg/
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I could eat a large whole tomato in one bite.
* and, something fun. Im over 6'4

dana_e 04-16-2009 04:35 PM

* real name, if you like: Dana
* where do you live? Sacramento, CA
* explanation of your handle: name compression
* explanation of your avatar: N/A
* age (general or specific) 46
* favorite bike: Eddy Merckx SL 1983 ish
* what's in your stable? Liteseped Firenze, Bridgestone RB3, Simonetti Columbus SL (ti and steel is what I prefer, cheap)
* fastest speed on a road bike? 50 plus where? big grade near Tahoe
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? only 2500
* picture of yourself or your ride? not handy
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? hard to tell, so many to choose from
* and, something fun: been riding 25 years, started when six speed friction was the bomb, seems like yesterday Hampsten won the Giro on eight speed downtube

hobartimus 04-22-2009 08:22 PM

* real name, if you like Howard
* where do you live? Austin, TX (Cedar Park actually, but close enough)
* explanation of your handle long story
* explanation of your avatar longer story
* age (general or specific) 40 (specifically)
* occupation Self-employed, advertising & graphic design
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Fierte & Specialized FSR
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 42, downhill at 2008 MS150 Houston-Austin
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? About 3000
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'm usually behind the camera
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What kind of rider am I? I'm not particular fast and I have some neck/back issues, so I go for long distance rides on a comfy bike.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I don't lie. Seriously.
* and, something fun. The most fun I ever had on a bike was 72 miles in pouring rain with a group of really fun people on pretty tough hills.

spiderman 04-27-2009 01:36 PM

--

--

Miragee 04-27-2009 08:39 PM

* real name, if you like Karen
* where do you live? Jamul, CA (San Diego County)
* explanation of your handle A Pet name for one of my favorite horses, a Paso Fino
* explanation of your avatar N/A
* age (general or specific) 61 (specifically) :eek:
* occupation long story
* favorite bike The one I am riding . . .
* what's in your stable? Klein Q Elite, Gios Torino, Mako, Dawes Atlantis, Gary Fisher Sugar 3, Jamis Dakar, Giant NRS 1
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 44 mph. downhill on Honey Springs Road just east of where I live. 2009
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? ~1500 from September to December 31 after a 25-year lapse from riding . . .
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'm the one taking the pictures.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What would I rather be doing that riding a bike? Working on my bikes, adjusting derailleurs, changing tires, replacing cables. :help:
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I don't lie. Honest . . .
* and, something fun. The most fun I ever had on a bike was riding single-track in the Laguna Mountains with a friend last summer.

Skrawny 04-28-2009 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, if you like: Rob
* where do you live? Spiritually: Northern CA. Currently: Indianapolis, IN
* explanation of your handle: self-descriptive. In grammer school I always got the uniform with the #1 or 2 on it because that was always the XS size
* explanation of your avatar. Calvin of "Calvin & Hobbs." About as close as a fictional character can get to me. Mom learned to dread the words "Hey, Mom, look at me!"
* age (general or specific): 37, but still look 14 or so
* occupation: Cardiologist, currently training in electrophysiology (think: "electricians of the heart" or "Cardiologists who like Star Trek")
* favorite bike: Serotta Legend TI ("Trigger")
* what's in your stable? Just Trigger
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53 mph on a downhill in Marin before I thought: "if I crash, it's ICU if I'm lucky"
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Alas, less than 1000, it's been a tough year.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Me in Arches National Park.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: What does it feel like when you ride? - I feel like a dog that has finally been let off the leash at a beach: eyes bright, ears up, tongue lolling, and galloping fast for the pure joy of it!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "this won't hurt much"
* and, something fun. Sunny day, 80 miles in the hills of Marin, riding in a group of friends, working together in the flats, suffering together on the hills.

prolearts 06-01-2009 06:47 PM

real name, if you like: Jason
* where do you live? Chicago (but I'm really a homesick Austin, Texan)
* explanation of your handle: Another long story
* explanation of your avatar: N/A
* age (general or specific): 40 this August
* favorite bike: I guess the Look 381i I just finished building a week ago
* what's in your stable?: Look 381i, 1984 Paramount, Surly Pacer
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: Just over 40 on a steep little hill at the end of Far West Blvd. in Austin, TX last year.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Does ON THE ROAD just mean not-on-a-trainer, or not commuting? I commute most days 9 miles round, that's probably about 2000 of 4000/year.
* picture of yourself or your ride?: see below
* make up and answer at least one additional question: How many bicycles would you have if space and money was not an limiting factor? Several more!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm not much of a liar, probably something about how much a bike cost!
* and, something fun: I just finished a 3 week tour working for a band called The Shins and took my bike for the first time (though I've toured on and off for 15 years) and just had a nice little bike tour in about 10 cities all up and down the west and east coasts. Short rides mostly (20 to 30 miles) but lots of great places. I put most of it down in a very not-overread blog here:
http://bikecurious.blogspot.com/

I love this forum, terrific (and in my experience, especially honest) people, it's my favorite place (the classifieds that is) to find great deals on all manner of used bikes and whatnot! I built up a wonderful Serotta custom 66cm Colorado for my stepdad early this year and even though I barely fit on it (at a mere 6'2"), it was one of the most incredible rides I've ever felt. Like a Cadillac you could race on! My next bike is definitely a Serotta!

http://www.jasonward.org/bike_curiou...t_current1.jpg

http://www.jasonward.org/bike_curiou...look381_06.jpg

http://www.jasonward.org/bike_curiou...in_trailer.jpg

Crazy Chester 06-03-2009 08:56 AM

* real name, if you like: Martin
* where do you live? Cottleville, MO (40 miles west of St. Louis)
* explanation of your handle: Big fan of Levon Helm of "The Band" fame, and love the song, "the Weight". Pull it up and listen for me.
* explanation of your avatar. :rolleyes:
* age (general or specific): 45
* favorite bike: my Time VXRS - butter smoooooooth.
* what's in your stable? Time VXRS, Trek 5200, Sachs ordered (4 yrs to go...whooo hoooo), and borrowed IF Steel Planet Cross on the way
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? upper 40's probably, somewhere here in the STL area. I really don't keep track.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2000ish
* picture of yourself or your ride? (i'll find and post)
* make up and answer at least one additional question: What do you do when you're riding? Pray mostly. Grateful for every pedal stroke.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "trust, me, i'm a lawyer."
* and, something fun. I love how hot my wife looks in cycling gear. Yikes I love that woman.

Pete Serotta 07-15-2009 04:44 PM

Serotta_Pete

Serotta_Pete
* real name - Pete Mckeon

* where do you live? Raleigh NC
* explanation of your handle - Been a friend of Ben's for 25+ years
* explanation of your avatar - Do not think I have one
* age (general or specific) - 61 and counting
* occupation - Part time IT consultant and full time wine drinker
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Only One Bike
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 50+mph Years ago in North East Kingdom.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4,500
* picture of yourself or your ride? Don't really have one...camera broke last time I tried to take one.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Why do you ride? To enjoy the thrill of living and the great people I meet.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I only have one bike :) )

PETE

rbtmcardle 07-15-2009 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, if you like - Bob McArdle
* where do you live? South Coast of NJ ....Flat & Windy, no, I mean FLAT
* explanation of your handle - none needed
* explanation of your avatar - favorite aviator? Lindbergh
* age (general or specific) 41 in August
* occupation Construction Project Management
* favorite bike - the one I am on
* what's in your stable? Meivici, Spectrum TI, Trek Soho, Eisentraut Fixie (not built), DeRosa (not built), Trek 6500 Hardtail
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49, Middlebury Vermont, June 2009
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 3,500
* picture of yourself or your ride?
* make up and answer at least one additional question.- I ride mainly for my mental health, I am certain that I am not the only one who is MISERABLE when I dont ride, or more accurately - I feel GREAT when I do ride.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - hmm, tough question, the lie i most regret or the lie that was most hurtful to another.
* and, something fun. - the first time my son dropped me, bittersweet for sure, but why else do we raise children, if not to surpass our achievements.

bikinchris 08-07-2009 09:12 PM

* real name, Chris
* where do you live? South Central Louisiana....Flat & Windy
* explanation of your handle D'uh
* explanation of your avatar I don't think I have one
* age (general or specific) 48..will be 49 in September
* occupation Bicycle Educator..really. Also bike shop owner and photographer
* favorite bike one I sold
* what's in your stable? IF Independence, Trek Hybrid, Cannondale Tandem, several others
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 50. When I was young, I sprinted across the top of the Couteau Ridge one day and hit 50 on the downside. I used to be a track sprinter, so I was going kinda fast and my heavy weight dropped me like a stone on the other side.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not many. About 2,500
* picture of yourself or your ride? I take photos, so i don't allow any of me
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Why don't I go faster? I don't have any time
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told That I will lose weight some day and go faster. I gave up and sold my track bike and racing bikes.
* and, something fun. Six weeks bike touring and TdF watching in 2004. Hope I can do it again some day.

Bob Ross 08-19-2009 09:51 AM

* real name, Bob Ross
* where do you live? New York City
* explanation of your handle It's my name...really
* explanation of your avatar it's Igor Stravinsky, my favorite composer
* age 48; will be 49 in December
* occupation audio engineer & musician
* favorite bike whichever one I'm on at the moment
* what's in your stable? 2006 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2, 1985 Bridgestone 600, and I'm in the queue for a 2012 (or 2013?) Richard Sachs Signature
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 51.3mph on the descent into Port Jervis, NJ in 2007
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 7,600
* picture of yourself or your ride? (edit: well, I had a picture here, but it made my ass look fat)
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What if there were no hypothetical questions? (oh, wait, you want me to answer that too?)
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I can't remember. Or that I can't remember.
* and, something fun. The recently deceased composer George Russell once told me "You're the perfect example of someone who does too much Left Brain Thinking!"

Repack Rider 08-31-2009 12:43 AM

* real name, if you like Charlie Kelly
* where do you live? Marin County, California
* explanation of your handle I'm one of the original downhill racers on the Repack course.
* explanation of your avatar I forget
* age (general or specific) 63 for another few months
* occupation I move pianos. The job can't be sent to Pakistan, and the world won't run out of pianos in my lifetime.
* favorite bike: Currently a Gary Fisher Hifi 29er MTB
* what's in your stable? Lemond road bike, Ritchey P-21, 1983 Ritchey Annapurna, Specialized Stumpjumper Expert, 1978 Breezer #2
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Dropping out of Wonderview in the Rockies near Denver @1974. Miles of straight road and thin air. Really fast.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? One ride, 30 miles. I'm a mountain biker.
* picture of yourself or your ride? 1974. I USED to be a road rider. http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/p..._criterium.jpg
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What is a mountain biker who doesn't own a Serotta doing here? Make up an answer because I don't have one.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I never told a lie.
* and, something fun. My friends and I invented downhill racing one day in 1976 because we thought one race would be enough to settle all the arguments. It turned out that we just started them

mtnbke 10-09-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zap
zap only exist in servers. zap doesn't have a profile but top speed has reached the speed of light when traveling between computers and servers.

Zap was a pretty crappy electronic shifting group from Mavic that came out before Shimano realized that cycling was not entirely like fishing.

mtnbke 10-09-2009 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, Greg
* where do you live? Boulder County, CO
* explanation of your handle I used to dabble in NORBA sport class mountain biking in an effort to not reach my potential as a power forward
* explanation of your avatar There isn't one, as I don't have one, yet.
* age (general or specific) 37
* occupation Currently Unemployed
* favorite bike Cannondale, but its not a fair question
* what's in your stable? Cannondale 3.0 w/cool Headtube logo of train depot, 63cm c-c (66cm c-t), Cannondale Tandem 63.5cm/53.5cm, Cannondale M2000 22" MounTaiN BiKE, Giant XL OCR1 (too small to ride).
* what bike do you wish you had? Serotta or Zinn custom ti road bike with proportional wheels
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56mph on a tandem with 575lbs of rider weight on a 1" fork, pulling an 6 month old baby in a Chariot attached. The horrible hills around Dodgeville, WI were not a good time to find out that the Arai drag brake wasn't setup correctly after we had just mounted a brand new rear wheel with a Velocity Dyad rim. Bike shop used lightweight double butted keirin racing spokes that wouldn't have supported just me (and didn't after rebuilding) and hadn't seen very many tandem drag brakes. Very, very scary. I/we had no business towing our little guy. Someone was looking out for us that day as the wheel collapsed on one of the seemingly vertical climbs.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Do I get to double my mileage because I weigh twice as much as everyone else?
* picture of yourself or your ride? Like below, only a lot taller
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Is it true that you have managed to squeeze yourself into a set of Mercatone Uno team bibs?...Well, yes. Pantani was my favorite cyclist and I always wanted to be like him (as much as a 6'7" 375lb man can be). You'd be suprised how much lycra will stretch. To the point of almost being see through. Really I shouldn't wear 'em. Had to add a lot of lycra to the shoulder straps to make 'em long enough.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I love you. The one lie that should never be spoken.
* and, something fun. I just picked up a Mavic 870 triple front derailleur. Woo-Hoo 'tout Mavic' bike here we come!

giverdada 10-12-2009 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
* where do you live? toronto, canada
* explanation of your handle: it's what my daughter used to say to cheer me on as i pulled her in the trailer
* explanation of your avatar: nuffin.
* age (general or specific): 28
* favorite bike: serotta ti from early 90s, bought off ebay, built two summers ago, haven't stopped riding since.
* what's in your stable? serotta ti; dmr trailstar lt; motobecane fantom uno (commuter all-star)
* what bike do you wish you had? serotta ti built for me with stiffer bb and chainstays, or IF ti crown jewel; also a ti mtb frame that fit...
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55 mph in combermere, ontario, this spring. been faster on a mountain bike in high school (56 mph), but on a different hill that i still have to check out on the serotta.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? no idea. couple thousand. and maybe a thousand on the commuter. maybe...
* picture of yourself or your ride? hm.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: why are so many people on this forum older, in well-established careers, and a foot taller than i am? it's because fancy bikes taste better when you can afford them, and are more necessary when you're so tall.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: don't know.
* and, something fun: when i was growing up, i remember the fading american dream of being 16 and getting a license and building a junker car or motorcycle in the garage with one's dad, then going for a drive in/on it as the ultimate expression of freedom and stepping into adulthood. from the time that i can remember building things up, they were bikes, they were with my dad, and all good things in my life seem to be connected to the two-wheel culture in some way. this is a great place to be. and i am grateful.

HMBAtrail 10-19-2009 07:15 PM

Tim from Shamrock Cycles

recommended format-

* real name- Tim O'Donnell

* where do you live? The Mountains of Indiana

* explanation of your handle- I am a board member of the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (HMBA) and I am too lazy to use more than one username on multiple message boards.

* age (general or specific)- 38

* occupation- Framebuilder, husband, occasional stock jocky, and general bon vivant.

* favorite bike- mine

* what's in your stable? Many, many Shamrocks. An old Ben Hur. A Jamis Komodo. A Santa Cruz Superlight

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 100km. Descending Mont Ventoux back toward Malaucene.

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Dunno. A lot but not enough.

Scott in Iowa 11-01-2009 07:40 AM

* real name - Scott
* where do you live? Le Mars, IA (western part of the state)
* explanation of your handle - Scott ... I live in Iowa
* explanation of your avatar
* age (general or specific) 37
* occupation - business owner
* favorite bike Serotta Fierte (Carbon)
* what's in your stable? Trek 5200, Serotta Fierte Carbon
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45ish…I don’t even remember when or where
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2500…we can only ride about one month a year here…just kidding.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Attached
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Why do people drink diet pop and think they are being healthy?
* what is the biggest lie you've ever) That I look like Noah Whylie
* and, something fun. RAGBRAI ... hands down the best bike week of the year. It is like Christmas and spring break all rolled into one fun time on the bike. Shout out to a great bike shop…Okoboji Expedition. Thanks for the great Serotta.

Honey 11-19-2009 07:31 PM

* where do you live? Outside Boston
* occupation Engineer
* favorite bike whats not to love
* favorite ride. Leadville to Minturn
* what's in your stable? 2 Moots, a Kish Ti SS, and a Ibis Silk Ti

chuckroast 11-19-2009 08:22 PM

Wow Honey, nice fleet

I wish you were my son (or daughter) and rode a 56cm....

Honey 11-20-2009 08:40 AM

Thanks. Its nice to have a place where people don't think I'm crazy

if you find yourself in my area, and want to go for a spin, just get in touch. : )

ChuckK 12-01-2009 08:29 PM

topher 01-01-2010 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
* where do you live? Rochester, NY
* explanation of your handle: picked it when I joined RBR
* age (general or specific): 29
* favorite bike: Merlin CR Works
* what's in your stable?

1) The Merlin, Centaur/Record build, zondas.
2) 2005 Cannondale 6/13 - first serious road bike, and a great ride - Centaur/zondas.
3) Bob Jackson World Tour - off the peg special, built with mix of all silver record, chorus and centaur with Paul brakes.
4) Leader 735TT - campy with a FSA crank, first bike I built up myself. Frame was a place holder, but turns out its pretty nice, and I don't do enough TTs or Tris to justify upgrading.

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55 - twice, Descending off of Copper Mountain and Rogers Pass, both in British Columbia on a ride from Vancouver to Jasper in 2008. The logging trucks made it interesting.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2,500... down from past years, but I am in law school...
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I have enough bikes

Pete Serotta 01-01-2010 10:15 AM

Very nice site you have and wonderful birthday rides...PETE

:) Very nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckK
recommended format-

* real name - Chuck Kichline
* where do you live? - Austin TX
* explanation of your handle - Just Chuck
* explanation of your avatar - The Tower - tarot - We live in interesting times.
* age - 62
* occupation - FunEmployed, Self-Unemployed, Social Security Leach - Used to do Engineering Services and CAD Design.
* favorite bike - Just like people, they're all different and have their strengths and weaknesses.
* what's in your stable? - Serotta Colorado II Coors Light replica and a whole bunch more - link to my bike page down in my SIG.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - Big whoop-de-doo around Canyon Lake around 1990. Forgot how fast that was now.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 4K miles
* Other hobbies? - Motorcycles, telescopes, clocks, small engine repair - generally making mechanisms work.
* and, something fun. - "It's all just fun."

boneman 01-02-2010 12:11 AM

Real name - Calvin
Where do you live? - Singapore, just arrived September. Before that, Shanghai
Explanation of your handle - sister in law gave it after jumping up on my bed
Explanation of your avatar - Usually Felix The Cat- Magic Bag of Tricks
Age - 57
Occupation - Credit Risk, 30+ years of global experience
Favorite bike - Whichever one I'm riding, building or buying.
What's in your stable? - 1975 Gios Torino, Davidson Challenger, 3Rensho Katana, Merckx Corsa Motorola, Merckx EX Ti, Merckx Genius (made exclusively for the Denver Spoke), Merckx Team SC Domo Frites, Merckx Corsa 753, Lemond Zurich, Lemond Maillot Jaune, Lemond Ti Team Saturn, Basso Astra, Basso Ascot (2), Basso Loto, Marinnoni Giro custom, Corrado Deda 14.5 custom from Liverpool, Chas Roberts custom single speed from London, 1999 Litespeed Ultimate, Colnago Tecnos, Colnago C40 2003 w/o HP, Colnago Master Olympic, Samson keirin (Japan), Kalavinka custom steel from Tokyo, and a BMC SLC 01. Some of these are in storage in various places throughout the US due to moves to Europe, China and now Singapore.
Current stable in Singapore- Merckx EX Ti, Samson Keirin, Kalavinka custom, Colnago Master Olympic and BMC SLC01
Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - Probably 50mph, various spots, all before 1999.
How many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 6,400 miles in 2009
Other hobbies? - Reading, eating, drinking and traveling.
And, something fun. - Riding on the streets of Shanghai is safer than in Singapore. Lol but true!

fourflys 01-04-2010 02:36 PM

I don't think I ever did this...

* where do you live? San Diego, CA (north county
* explanation of your handle: There are Four Flys in our family now...
* explanation of your avatar: I really like Salsa Bikes...
* favorite bike: Of what I have so far, toss up between my Campeon or my Las Cruces...
* what's in your stable? Salsa Las Cruces, Salsa Campeon, Serotta Concours Ti, Kona Fire Mountain
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? around 50 on Del Dios Hwy in North County San Diego
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2k, not as much as I'd like...
* Other hobbies? Cars, diecast cars, sometimes kayaking if I'm near a good river or lake...

http://threeflys.smugmug.com/Sports/...63_UZgdi-M.jpg

dimsy 01-08-2010 08:36 PM

* where do you live? New York
* explanation of your avatar: I'm slow
* age (general or specific) 29
* occupation Mechanical Engineer
* favorite bike(s): Huge fan of Brian Bayliss, Kirk Frameworks anything with character.
* what's in your stable? Merlin Extralight, Raleigh Prestige.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 43mph, NY/NJ Border, Route 9W headed toward Piermont.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2200. It was my first year riding a road bike :)
* picture of yourself or your ride?
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2021589_n.jpg

the picture was photo-shopped by a co-worker of mine to point out to everyone else how obsessed I am with cycling. I took it in good humor :D

* and, something insightful?
"I am at my best, when I let the flow of my experience carry me, in a direction which appears to be forward, toward goals of which I am but dimly aware." - Carl Rogers.

junkfood 01-12-2010 11:40 AM

* real name - Jake Beeson
* where do you live? - Sapulpa, OK
* explanation of your handle - I eat a lot of it and Drink a lot of Dr Pepper
* explanation of your avatar - My daughter
* age - 29
* occupation - Trim Carpenter, Artist
* favorite bike - Giordana Scorpius
* what's in your stable? - Giordana Scorpius, Fondriest Wind, Schwinn Super Sport, a few other Steel bikes not much to brag about
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? -Not sure
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - Not as many as I would have liked
* Other hobbies? - Family, Art, woodwork
* and, something fun. - Bikes

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/...34c44d57_b.jpg

jbsf16 01-12-2010 07:04 PM

"My Serotta"...sung to "My Sharona"...lol

1 Attachment(s)
*real name, Brent
* where do you live? Eastern N.M.
* age (general or specific)? early 40's
* occupation? Pilot
* favorite bike? Serotta Fierte IT
* what's in your stable? Serotta Fierte and Specialized Hard Rock
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 41mph, flatlands of West Texas, last summer.....still not fast enough...need steeper hills!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2500ish?....just got it last spring
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Riding is the next best thing to flying....my favorite Christmas was when I got a 10 speed roadbike. Used to have a Panasonic DX2000 in college...loved it. Thought it was time to get back into something I've missed....should've done it years ago.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? "OK, I'm not buying anything else for my bike!"
* and, something fun. Biking by a herd of antelope grazing....didn't even spook them! :)

sand fungus 02-06-2010 08:19 PM

* where do you live? Seattle WA
* explanation of your handle: Opened the dictionary and picked two words at random. My imagination was lacking at that the time :)
* explanation of your avatar: Too lazy to create one.
* age (general or specific): 47
* favorite bike: It's Obvious :)
* what's in your stable? I live in a condo so not much of a stable, Serotta Ottrott SE, Lemond Zurich (Commuter)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 57ish, Riding down from Paradise on mount Rainier.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Just guessing that it was in the 4-5K range, (my bike computer sucks)
* make up and answer at least one additional question: What is your favorite sport other than biking. I play on an indoor soccer team and love it even though we are the worst team in the league..
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember what happened ;)
* and, something fun: I love to travel, last year I went to Spain and China, this year Spain again and hopefully Argentina.

pdali 02-14-2010 06:44 AM

I am

* real name, Peter
* where do you live? Long Island NY Hilly on North Shore
* explanation of your handle first initial, last name
* explanation of your avatar Don't have one yet
* age (general or specific) 52
* occupation Service Manager (Northeast) computer manufacturer
* favorite bike Pinarello Prince
* what's in your stable? Pino's Prince, Paris, f4:13, Look 585, Ciocc 12.5, system six, Orbea Diem, 70's steel peugeot PH8, UO9.
* fastest speed on a road bike? 53 East on route 25 into Oyster Bay
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1800
* picture of yourself or your ride? Don't really have one
* On a free day what else would you rather do beside cycling? Scuba Dive
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I really don't mind playing golf with my wife's favorite cousin. I could have been bike riding.
* and, something fun. Riding to Sister's house in Ct. ride cross the sound by Ferry and great hills and scenery the rest of the way.

Honokowai 02-15-2010 09:06 PM

* real name, G
* where do you live? North County, San Diego
* explanation of your handle first initial, last name
* explanation of your avatar Don't have one yet
* age (general or specific) 55
* occupation Quality Director Environmental Instruments
* favorite bike (Old) Cinelli Supercorsa (pre 72), (new) Klein Quantum Pro* *
* what's in your stable? Kleins, Cinellis, Serotta,LeJeune, Paramount.
* fastest speed on a road bike? 67 - Route 13, Ithaca, NY on a very windy day
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 3100
* picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have one
* On a free day what else would you rather do beside cycling? Surf
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told faking a flat during the Tour of Somerville.
* and, something fun. Riding the Saddle Road on the Big Island - bumpy but fun.

The Narg 02-17-2010 10:17 AM

Hello Serotta World

* where do you live?: Logan Square, Chicago
* explanation of your handle: from last name (Nargis), soft "g"
* explanation of your avatar: forthcoming
* favorite bike: "all of them" (like Sarah Palin)
* what's in your stable? Raleigh Racing USA, VooDoo Wazoo, Surly Steamroller, Redline Monocog
* fastest speed on a road bike?: 50ish, descending Mt. Hamilton, CA
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?: ~5k
* picture of yourself or your ride?: forthcoming
* On a free day what else would you rather do beside cycling?: sauna/jujitsu/rock climb/hike/swim in Lake Michigan
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: made up an entire European man of mystery persona for some gullible American tourists once in Barcelona
* and, something fun: running full speed down steep sand dunes up in Michigan...have to turn like you're skiing

sin911 02-23-2010 07:48 PM

Yellow!

* where do you live? Chicago IL
* explanation of your handle: "Sin" short for "Sincere" from movie Belly and 911 for birthday 9/11
* explanation of your avatar: Too lazy to create one.
* age (general or specific): 28
* favorite bike: Time RXR ULTEAM
* what's in your stable? 2009 Fuji SL1 (Sram Red/Ksyrium SL Premium), 2006 KHS Flite 100, 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750, 2008 Bianchi Pista Concept, 2009 Cinelli Vigorelli, 2009 Cinelli x Mash Pursuit, & 2009 SE x DC PK Ripper
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 41mph Riding down hill towards the end of the Michigan Apple Cider Ride.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not really sure.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Where do you want to move to? Seattle, WA
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't quite remember?
* and, something fun: I love to ride and drive.

false_Aest 02-23-2010 08:33 PM

2 hommé from the city of big shoulders.

effin' rad.

Go have a 312 for me.

slashdotcomma 02-27-2010 01:39 PM

Hello from NOVA

Have been lurking for awhile, but want some more biking friends so here I go!

* real name, if you like Ready
* where do you live? Northern Virginia (Fairfax)
* explanation of your handle It's been awhile, was/still computer techy and Slashdot is awesome :)
* explanation of your avatar haven't set one yet
* age (general or specific)24
* occupation software developer
* favorite bike 2007 Giant OCR2
* what's in your stable? 2007 Giant OCR2, 2008 Fuji Team Pro, 2006 Trek 6 Series hardtail, 2007 Fuji cross comp.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No clue, as long as I'm biking, I'm happy
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Good question, commute ~20mi/day so I say at least a couple thousand miles.
* picture of yourself or your ride? I don't like pictures :P
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I'm not spending any more money on bikes.
* and, something fun. I have no room left for bikes in my apartment, so I have a bike in my closet, one next to my bed, and two on a rack in the living room.

alexstar 03-17-2010 03:10 PM

real name, if you like: Alex
* where do you live? Alameda, CA; east SF bay area
* explanation of your handle: a nickname
* explanation of your avatar: N/A at the moment
* age (general or specific): 28 as of last Wednesday
* favorite bike: Cinelli Supercorsa (until I get my Serotta built up)
* what's in your stable? the aforementioned Cinelli, a 1983 Specialized Expedition, my 1988-ish TdF-lugged Serotta, a 1991 Fuso cyclocross, and a 1991 Masi Team 3V.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 48, last september, on highway 1 near Devil's Slide. lots of turns!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2000. Usually more, but I was hit by a car in February and was laid up awhile
* picture of yourself or your ride? http://www.flickr.com/photos/soradical
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Q: What song gets stuck in your head the most while riding? A: usually something random, with a good beat, but often a terribly annoying song. Foreigner comes to mind.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I was at home this whole time :D
* and, something fun. I went to Portland on a whim last summer, rented a cheap hybrid Fuji, and rode around town for a week. Covered 200 miles, lost a few pounds (even though I was basically riding from restaurant to restaurant much of the time) and had a blast.

bking 03-17-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serotta_Pete
:) Very nice

I looked above to see chuckk's message to link to the site you referred to and it's been pulled. I linked to chuckk's info on the board, and every post he's made has been pulled.
Something nefarious happen to Chuck?

Keith A 03-17-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bking
I looked above to see chuckk's message to link to the site you referred to and it's been pulled. I linked to chuckk's info on the board, and every post he's made has been pulled.
Something nefarious happen to Chuck?

It looks like Chuckk removed the content of all his postings :confused: