The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Catalogs (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Serial Numbers Decoded (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=99078)

oliver1850 04-09-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueoner (Post 2689627)
I'm not so sure that 52cm is the smallest. I just picked up a Colorado LT yesterday and it's a 51cm.

Interesting. I stand corrected. 1992 catalog shows 52 as the smallest size for the LT, but the picture page in the 1991 catalog says it was available in sizes 47-60 cm.

Spinner 04-26-2020 12:56 PM

My Serottas
 
I have two CIIIs with red/yellow fade finish from 2001.

The original (CO 59 481) was purchased new in February 2002 just before the move to the new factory. The second (CO 59 418) was bought as NOS on this forum in February 2019.

The first bike has a Kestrel EMS Pro fork, Open Pro wheels and 2 x 9 Dura Ace. The second bike has an Easton EC 70 fork, Open Pro wheels and 3 x 9 Ultegra. Ride wise, they feel the same, although the later is .44 lb. lighter because of the fork.

oliver1850 04-27-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmallguy (Post 2402315)
I am looking at a Meivici with a serial number which reads C-MG-48-00051.
I thought Meivicis had 'MV' in their serial number. What does the 'MG' stand for?

Thanks, Jack

Still don't have an answer but there's another Meivici currently on eBay that has the MG code. Original owner says it's from 2008. The 2008 catalog doesn't mention any options.

oliver1850 04-27-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 2706170)
I have two CIIIs with red/yellow fade finish from 2001.

The original (CO 59 481) was purchased new in February 2002 just before the move to the new factory. The second (CO 59 418) was bought as NOS on this forum in February 2019.

The first bike has a Kestrel EMS Pro fork, Open Pro wheels and 2 x 9 Dura Ace. The second bike has an Easton EC 70 fork, Open Pro wheels and 3 x 9 Ultegra. Ride wise, they feel the same, although the later is .44 lb. lighter because of the fork.

Interesting that you found two so similar that close in serial number range. I have a 59 cm CIII but couldn't find a photo and I don't have the serial number. The bike is in a friend's basement about 10 miles away.

Spinner 04-28-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver1850 (Post 2707102)
Interesting that you found two so similar that close in serial number range. I have a 59 cm CIII but couldn't find a photo and I don't have the serial number. The bike is in a friend's basement about 10 miles away.

I consider myself lucky. When No. 2 became available, a purchase was a no brainer because I loved riding No. 1 and i had been looking for a triple group to help with my hill climbing trips.

Aside from putting on my preferred saddle, a San Marco Regal, new pedals and bar wrap, the only other change was a replacement of the 52/42/30 chain rings to 48/38/26 TAs. Quite honestly, the 6503 shifts as well or better than any system that I have used, Shimano or Campy.

oliver1850 05-01-2020 05:15 AM

I have 7703 on mine, works and looks great.

Latestart 05-17-2020 07:23 PM

2000 ish Legend Ti - new to me
 
Duty called in the form of a local post without pictures that said Serotta Legend Ti, 63cm with a low price. Picked it up about 2 hours after seeing the post.

Serial #: CTi 59.5 3078 - Not 63cm, made around 2000/01

Had a full DA7700 group set. In decent shape, I will sell it off.

Guess I'll start with the Alpha-Q fork and learn more about options later.

Have to decide a build strategy, will be a modern group set. Not sure if I want it to be a genuine "road" bike or a special city bike, maybe 1x11 with a Cx group. Links to other good builds welcome.

BEFORE
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f51e0772_b.jpgIMG_0332 by JW

AFTER CLEAN UP
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4f023fea_b.jpgIMG_2086 by JW

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a240dcdf_b.jpgSerotta Dropouts by JW

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...340517f4_b.jpgSerotta Serial Num by JW

Latestart 05-21-2020 09:17 PM

Hm... how to follow this Serial...
 
OS X00981

Ottrott ST, but then "X0" and 981-st one made?

What does XO mean?

John

oliver1850 05-25-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latestart (Post 2723670)
OS X00981

Ottrott ST, but then "X0" and 981-st one made?

What does XO mean?

John

As I understand it, X indicates a 2010 model. I'm not sure but would guess that your bike was the 981st frame built that year.

oliver1850 05-25-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latestart (Post 2720654)
Duty called in the form of a local post without pictures that said Serotta Legend Ti, 63cm with a low price. Picked it up about 2 hours after seeing the post.

Serial #: CTi 59.5 3078 - Not 63cm, made around 2000/01

Had a full DA7700 group set. In decent shape, I will sell it off.

Guess I'll start with the Alpha-Q fork and learn more about options later.

Have to decide a build strategy, will be a modern group set. Not sure if I want it to be a genuine "road" bike or a special city bike, maybe 1x11 with a Cx group. Links to other good builds welcome.


The Alpha Q could be original to the frame. There's a picture of an Alpha Q fork on a time trial frame in the 2003 catalog. My CX frame came with an Alpha Q fork, believe it's a 2007 model.

Brian Smith 05-27-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver1850 (Post 2707094)
Still don't have an answer but there's another Meivici currently on eBay that has the MG code.

Meivici GS used the MG prefix, which came later than the original MV, also carried on for use with the later Meivici SE designation models.

oliver1850 05-30-2020 03:25 PM

Thanks Brian.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.