The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Catalogs (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Serial Numbers Decoded (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=99078)

TexasJenny 07-24-2014 04:20 PM

Older Serotta Question
 
5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys & gals,

I'm new to the forums, and to cycling in general. My dad, who was a roadie in his glory days, found this older Serotta for me off eBay a few years ago from a triathlete who thinks it's from the mid-90's.

Based on the serial # 71245, we are thinking it's actually from 87'. Is that correct? And can anyone else tell me more about this bike?

Thanks!
Jen

fiamme red 07-31-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasJenny (Post 1590591)
Hi guys & gals,

I'm new to the forums, and to cycling in general. My dad, who was a roadie in his glory days, found this older Serotta for me off eBay a few years ago from a triathlete who thinks it's from the mid-90's.

Based on the serial # 71245, we are thinking it's actually from 87'. Is that correct? And can anyone else tell me more about this bike?

Thanks!
Jen

Very nice bike! Maybe the SLX/SP Columbus sticker is a clue as to the date? I don't think I've seen that before. I guess it means that the main tubes are SLX, rear triangle is SP.

Kingfisher 08-03-2014 02:12 PM

Colorado Legend Ti
 
Hey guys, just won a legend Ti on the bay for my wife..serial numbers are
TI-55-L-00075. seller says it was on of the ones made for coors racing team. i know the TI is titanium, 55 cm, L is for long tube tube?? does anyone know the significance of the 00075?

Thanks

dave thompson 08-03-2014 02:24 PM

The '00075' in the serial number denotes that it's the 75th one built of that model.

You can find out a lot more about your bike and a some geometry charts in this Serotta catalog: http://forums.thepaceline.net/attach...4&d=1291899437

Kingfisher 08-03-2014 02:32 PM

much appreciated..thanks

pcb 08-27-2014 01:45 PM

Fuquay/Serotta Custom CX Ser#
 
Just received the Greg Fuquay/Serotta Cross frame from oddsaabs, posting the ser# here for reference. Greg supposedly built the frame for himself while working at Serotta late-'80s to early-'90s, oddsaabs bought it from the guy Greg sold it to.

The bb shell is stamped: GF040990 (GF obviously his initials; 4/9/90 the build date?). The steerer tube has the same stamping plus: CX58032. Haven't seen a CX prefix listed here before, but it's a pretty common abbreviation for cyclocross. The frame is a 58cm, so this fits the '90s serial scheme, CX model, 58cm, #032.

Can't recall seeing any other Serotta 'cross frames, but haven't looked yet, either. This is a lugged frame, round tubes, straight stays, no chainstay bridge, no tubing sticker---very likely a blend of whatever Greg wanted and/or had around to use.

oliver1850 09-06-2014 05:36 AM

Thanks for the CX info. My 2008 (2009?) Heritage Classique CX also has the CX code.

I confirmed from an ebay seller that a 1994 Colorado TTR is coded TT. I'd guess time trial models in other years may have had the same code, but I have an older Tri-Colorado that lacks a serial number as far as I can tell. The steerer tube is stamped "58" but I can't find any other numbers.

Patrick1 10-08-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver1850 (Post 1617060)
Thanks for the CX info. My 2008 (2009?) Heritage Classique CX also has the CX code.

I confirmed from an ebay seller that a 1994 Colorado TTR is coded TT. I'd guess time trial models in other years may have had the same code, but I have an older Tri-Colorado that lacks a serial number as far as I can tell. The steerer tube is stamped "58" but I can't find any other numbers.

Hello, I recently purchased an old tri-Colorado and I cannot find a serial number either. It doesn't appear to have been filed off as far as I can tell. Can anyone explain?

Patrick
Classique ti ST 62 007
Tri-Colorado ?

Patrick1 10-14-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick1 (Post 1635400)
Hello, I recently purchased an old tri-Colorado and I cannot find a serial number either. It doesn't appear to have been filed off as far as I can tell. Can anyone explain?

Patrick
Classique ti ST 62 007
Tri-Colorado ?

Update: I found the serial number stamped on the right rear dropout. It had been covered in a thick layer of grease.

oliver1850 10-24-2014 02:01 PM

thanks Patrick.

It's on the inside of the Ritchey dropout.

mine is TB58 0262

addi61 11-04-2014 11:11 AM

Colorado Legend Ti?
 
Hi, I am looking at a bike for sale which is said to be a Colorado Legend Ti. The seller says the serial number is BR56817. I haven't seen this prefix pop up in my google searching. Does anyone have info on this? The bike has no logos on the sides, just a head badge. Thanks

elong8 11-05-2014 09:58 PM

Serial Numbers Decoded
 
My Serotta track bike is 90557. Not certain, but was told it was built in 89 for a National team member. Would love to know more.

rdunnenb 11-08-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarg (Post 1027618)
1997 legend ti

??-55L-00459

1st two letters are so lightly stamped I can't tell what they are.

Non custom but the L stand for long - top tube is 55.5
Edit/Delete Message

- Just saw this post -

I've got a '92 Colorado Ti and the first two letters are clearly stamped TI. I'd bet that's what are as well.

oliver1850 11-11-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elong8 (Post 1651653)
My Serotta track bike is 90557. Not certain, but was told it was built in 89 for a National team member. Would love to know more.

Yes, 1989 sounds right, indicated by the 1st digit. I'm not sure if it's the 57th bike built in May (05), or the 557th frame built that year. Either way I'd guess a mid year production date.

oliver1850 11-11-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addi61 (Post 1650721)
Hi, I am looking at a bike for sale which is said to be a Colorado Legend Ti. The seller says the serial number is BR56817. I haven't seen this prefix pop up in my google searching. Does anyone have info on this? The bike has no logos on the sides, just a head badge. Thanks

I don't recall the BR code. Did you look all through this thread?

I think 2003 was the first year for the HT badge, but since they come up for sale occasionally could have been added to anything. Take a look through the catalogs and see if frame details match anything - or post some pics and let forum members weigh in.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.