The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   If you can tolerate another Lance movie ... (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=171169)

bthornt 07-13-2015 11:19 AM

If you can tolerate another Lance movie ...

Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story is on Netflix.

Ray 07-13-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bthornt (Post 1788047)
Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story is on Netflix.

That's not actually new. I'm not sure what it was called when it was initially released, but it was released under one title, and then I think released again (maybe a TV network like Showtime or something?) with a new name. I started to watch that no Netflix when it was mentioned here in another thread and quickly realized I'd seen it before. Although I can't remember what the original name was...

-Ray

guido 07-13-2015 11:39 AM

I couldn't tolerate one...

Elefantino 07-13-2015 11:42 AM

I will tolerate "The Program" because I think Stephen Frears is a wonderful filmmaker.

Mzilliox 07-13-2015 12:25 PM

Im interested just to hear "his story". im sure its full of BS, but would be fun to watch after just watching chasing the badger or whatever that one is called.

joe.e 07-13-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzilliox (Post 1788122)
Im interested just to hear "his story". im sure its full of BS, but would be fun to watch after just watching chasing the badger or whatever that one is called.

There are a couple longer (45ish minutes) interviews on youtube where he is (seemingly) candid when talking about the whole deal. Granted, lots of stuff he wont touch, and although the interviewer tosses more than soft balls, he still lets him off the hook on some important points.

There are some interesting moments though, where you can really see the gears turning, and he kinda drops the character he portrays and gives you a bit of insight into his real self (ex: when the interviewer asks if he did it all over if he would dope again).

CunegoFan 07-13-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe.e (Post 1788311)
There are some interesting moments though, where you can really see the gears turning, and he kinda drops the character he portrays and gives you a bit of insight into his real self (ex: when the interviewer asks if he did it all over if he would dope again).

Did you expect him to say that if it was 1995 again and everyone else was doping then he would quit his pro contract and go home?

joe.e 07-13-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CunegoFan (Post 1788376)
Did you expect him to say that if it was 1995 again and everyone else was doping then he would quit his pro contract and go home?

Kind of. I mean, that's pretty much chapter 1 of the disgraced athlete hand book.

"I'm so sorry. I screwed up. If I could do it all over again, and do it differently, I would. Don't be weak like me kids. Do it better."

mhespenheide 07-14-2015 12:08 AM

I can tolerate a lot more of them. I'm just note interested in any more of them.