The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

cnighbor1 07-30-2021 04:06 PM

Seller has four great bike listed Classic Bianchi Super Leggera Road Bike - Campagnol
 
4 Attachment(s)
08/01/2021
Classic Bianchi Super Leggera Road Bike - Campagnolo - Brooks Saddle
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...349326244.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...344622347.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...344623908.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...355772414.html
Classic Bianchi Super Leggera Road Bike - Campagnolo - Brooks Saddle
Celeste green - Cinelli - Campagnolo Drop-Outs
About 56cm
...... $448 .. comes with original seat
Brooks Saddle(optional) extra
--- Serious buyers only ---
--- Willing to Part-Out -- Trade or Partial Trade + Cash..

retropean 07-30-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robt57 (Post 2964012)
I wanna say"Only in PDX" but that's not true probably.

I sooo wanna go grab this, But I like hen's teeth.. :eek:


Make a smoothie or adult beverage while pedaling down the road! The one and only Original Fender Blender - great for summer events! Attaches directly to your back wheel - no rack necessary. Fill, pedal, drink!! We're back Portland!!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...358311946.html

https://images.craigslist.org/01313_...M_1200x900.jpg

Never bonk again… in style!!

Spaghetti Legs 08-01-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robt57 (Post 2964012)
I wanna say"Only in PDX" but that's not true probably.

I sooo wanna go grab this, But I like hen's teeth.. :eek:


Make a smoothie or adult beverage while pedaling down the road! The one and only Original Fender Blender - great for summer events! Attaches directly to your back wheel - no rack necessary. Fill, pedal, drink!! We're back Portland!!
]

That is really cool. I forwarded to my PDX friends. I wanna see this in action!

cnighbor1 08-01-2021 04:47 PM

Seattle Serotta's listed 08/01/2021
 
1. Serotta road bike 51cm, fits 5'4" - 5'7" - $790
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...358693088.html

2. Serotta Club special road/track bike - $960
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/bi...331898435.html

3. 22'' Serotta Colorado II road bike - $1,250
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/bi...331885586.html

4.58.5cm Serotta CSI Custom Built Road Bike - $1,300
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...349723883.html

5. Serotta Atlanta 62cm - $1,000
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/b...347065468.html
6.

cnighbor1 08-01-2021 05:02 PM

Restored early 80’s Eddy Merckx - $1,800
 
4 Attachment(s)
08/01/2021

Restored early 80’s Eddy Merckx - $1,800
Immaculately restored early 80’s Eddy Merckx 57.5cm frame with full Campagnolo super record group.

Frame was restored, repainted, and redecaled by Joe Bell, the best in the business. No chips, no scratches, excellent condition components and as close to a new bike from the early 80’s as you will find. The only non-original parts on the bike are the Brooks saddle and the Nitto handlebars. Original bars will come with the sale. This is a beautiful example of an early Merckx to add to your collection and it is very fairly priced for what the market is currently bearing.

The only thing I would be interested in on trade is a vintage Gibson or Martin dreadnaught guitar in excellent condition + cash.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...359014733.html

rallizes 08-02-2021 11:26 AM

$2k

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/b...359453294.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00T0T_...F_1200x900.jpg

This is a custom-made JP Weigle steel road bike, rare and desirable among vintage road bike enthusiasts. It was customized for a friend-of-a-friend in Connecticut who asked me to help sell it because I work in the bicycle business.

JP Weigle no longer operates but custom-fabricated beautiful road bikes in Haddam, Connecticut, for a number of years. This one uses top-shelf Reynolds steel and very nice lugging to join the tubes.

Build is fully Campagnolo (7-speed drivetrain, with 53x42t crankset chainrings on 172.5mm arms), including headset, hubset, seat post, and brakeset. One of the wheels was rebuilt a few years ago using a Mavic rim, while the other uses the original Campy rim. This is the only imperfection in the build, in my opinion. Cosmetically the bike is superb with a very unique color scheme and very few imperfections.

The bike's original owner is about 6'2", and the bike would be appropriate for someone around 6'0" - 6'3" (182-191cm) in height. The frame's geometry is as follows:

Top Tube: 56.5cm
Seat Tube: 57.6cm
Head Tube: 171mm

Price is firm.

The bike is currently in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, and available for local pick-up. Can also be delivered to Northern New Jersey, South NY State, or Fairfield County or Litchfield County in Connecticut. Willing to ship for cost of shipping (via FedEx) after payment clears. Will be professionally packed to do so.

DCilliams 08-02-2021 12:16 PM

That is pretty cool. My only quibble is the swirl effect on the top tube. Wish they'd kept it solid blue or another solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallizes (Post 2965440)
$2k

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/b...359453294.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00T0T_...F_1200x900.jpg

This is a custom-made JP Weigle steel road bike, rare and desirable among vintage road bike enthusiasts. It was customized for a friend-of-a-friend in Connecticut who asked me to help sell it because I work in the bicycle business.

JP Weigle no longer operates but custom-fabricated beautiful road bikes in Haddam, Connecticut, for a number of years. This one uses top-shelf Reynolds steel and very nice lugging to join the tubes.

Build is fully Campagnolo (7-speed drivetrain, with 53x42t crankset chainrings on 172.5mm arms), including headset, hubset, seat post, and brakeset. One of the wheels was rebuilt a few years ago using a Mavic rim, while the other uses the original Campy rim. This is the only imperfection in the build, in my opinion. Cosmetically the bike is superb with a very unique color scheme and very few imperfections.

The bike's original owner is about 6'2", and the bike would be appropriate for someone around 6'0" - 6'3" (182-191cm) in height. The frame's geometry is as follows:

Top Tube: 56.5cm
Seat Tube: 57.6cm
Head Tube: 171mm

Price is firm.

The bike is currently in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, and available for local pick-up. Can also be delivered to Northern New Jersey, South NY State, or Fairfield County or Litchfield County in Connecticut. Willing to ship for cost of shipping (via FedEx) after payment clears. Will be professionally packed to do so.


Nick12 08-02-2021 04:12 PM

Stinner Mudfoot… someone jump on this and remove the temptation!!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/164994558852


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtbadge 08-02-2021 04:17 PM

FWIW that Stinner sat in LA for weeks at $2500

cnighbor1 08-02-2021 05:17 PM

1981 Handbuilt Road bike 56cm Strawberry Workshop $550 USD obo
 
5 Attachment(s)
1981 Handbuilt Road bike Strawberry Workshop
08/02.2021
Category: Vintage Bikes
Condition: Good
Original Post Date: Jul-21-2021 8:22:35
Last Repost Date: Jul-29-2021 11:37:31
Still For Sale: since 6 hours ago
View Count: 349
Watch Count: 3
This is a vintage '80s (1981) lugged road bike built here in Portland in the Strawberry Workshop under the tutelage of Andy Newland by a well-known former US National Team racer. 56x56, Reynolds 531 tubing, Henry James lugs and BB shell, Campagnolo vertical dropouts. Big tire clearances, more of a touring than racing geometry. Built as many were in those days with a mix of components: Campy DT shifters, Shimano 600 cranks, Suntour derailleurs, Modolo brakes, Specialized hubs on 700C Campy Omega rims, true and very good brake tracks. Newer Cane Creek repro hoods. Very nice vintage San Marco Turbo saddle. Plenty of clearance for the Schwalbe 35C tires - this bike can handle anything from pavement to gravel - perfect l'Eroica bike. In good shape for a 40 year old bike, no dents, some scrapes and chips but very solid and not rusty.

Will ship via bikeflights and accept Paypal.

Make an offer.
Portland, OR


https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3113037/

From my inquires about this bicycle
1. Charles,

I looked at this earlier today. It sounded like it was actually made by Andy Newlands or Mark DiNucci:

This is a vintage '80s (1981) lugged road bike built here in Portland in the Strawberry Workshop under the tutelage of Andy Newland by a well-known former US National Team racer.

The downtube decal reads (I think) "Arrendale Racing Cycles," so perhaps the builder's last name was Arrendale?

Skip Montanaro
Evanston IL USA
2. Seller

craig austin <useyourdagger@gmail.com>
To:
Charles Nighbor

Mon, Aug 2 at 9:26 AM

Hey Charles, I got your message. The bike was built in the Strawberry workshop, but not by Andy - Glenn Sanders was the builder, and he's built a number of frames on his own under the Arrendale label (I think that was his mother's maiden name or something). I think you've commented on this bike before on Facebook.

If you're still interested, I can forward you a note from Glenn about the frame, and send picture if you let me know what you want to see. I posted all the photos I have handy on the Pinkbike site.

Craig

Nick12 08-02-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbadge (Post 2965608)
FWIW that Stinner sat in LA for weeks at $2500


Oh wow.. thanks for the heads up!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sokyroadie 08-02-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick12 (Post 2965601)
Stinner Mudfoot… someone jump on this and remove the temptation!!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/164994558852


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd that it is on our illustrious northern neighbors Ebay site but ships from Kansas.

RichTheRoadie 08-02-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallizes (Post 2965440)

Oh my.

If anyone happens to want the parts and can facilitate shipping the frame I'd be keen. Long shot, I know; but, as much as I want it, it's not worth me buying complete - especially as I'd only strip it to rebuilt with other kit.

yinzerniner 08-02-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokyroadie (Post 2965723)
Odd that it is on our illustrious northern neighbors Ebay site but ships from Kansas.

Not really, just that the OP is from canada and that's the national ebay site that loads based on IP address.
Frame is also listed on US ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16499455885...8AAOSwoGJhBraW

recarcar 08-02-2021 08:30 PM

I'm really close by to this and can facilitate if anyone is interested!
Quote:

Originally Posted by rallizes (Post 2965440)
$2k

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/b...359453294.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00T0T_...F_1200x900.jpg

This is a custom-made JP Weigle steel road bike, rare and desirable among vintage road bike enthusiasts. It was customized for a friend-of-a-friend in Connecticut who asked me to help sell it because I work in the bicycle business.

JP Weigle no longer operates but custom-fabricated beautiful road bikes in Haddam, Connecticut, for a number of years. This one uses top-shelf Reynolds steel and very nice lugging to join the tubes.

Build is fully Campagnolo (7-speed drivetrain, with 53x42t crankset chainrings on 172.5mm arms), including headset, hubset, seat post, and brakeset. One of the wheels was rebuilt a few years ago using a Mavic rim, while the other uses the original Campy rim. This is the only imperfection in the build, in my opinion. Cosmetically the bike is superb with a very unique color scheme and very few imperfections.

The bike's original owner is about 6'2", and the bike would be appropriate for someone around 6'0" - 6'3" (182-191cm) in height. The frame's geometry is as follows:

Top Tube: 56.5cm
Seat Tube: 57.6cm
Head Tube: 171mm

Price is firm.

The bike is currently in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, and available for local pick-up. Can also be delivered to Northern New Jersey, South NY State, or Fairfield County or Litchfield County in Connecticut. Willing to ship for cost of shipping (via FedEx) after payment clears. Will be professionally packed to do so.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.